Red Dog's Revival Thread

05March2019

Sunday: Weather was finally nice enough to road trip to pick up the Canyons. Strongly leaning toward two-toning them. Was surprised how much lighter aluminum rims are compared to the current steel ones. Spring won't be here soon enough. Tires are more a road tread, I think Kumho(?) brand. Not sure at the moment what I'm going to do with them.

Monday: Semi with a day cab and 53' box trailer got hung up exiting the gate for the post office across the street from where I work. Not an issue if the street hadn't been mainly ice. Even in 4x6 with the differential locked poor driver couldn't get enough traction to pull through. Steat was entirely blocked off, PD happened to drive by and see what was going on. Spoke with them while waiting for the driver to show up so I could offer assistance. To say the guy was relieved someone with experience was there to help would be an understatement. I was just happy to un-stick a semi after the last 5 years. Coworker grabbed a tow strap, PD ground guided me to a clear spot of pavement, two tugs and five feet of pulling and we had the truck free. Wish someone had taken a picture or video of my TJ pulling the semi. Would've been one to get printed and hung in my shop.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Enjoyed reading your jeep journey to date. Never been a fan of the pocket flares, so I'm on board with you putting the stockers back on, or maybe find some Rubi flares since they are 1" wider. The Canyons are 8" wide, and I think your stock steelies are 7". Here's a painting idea I did on my Canyons. I used Duplicolor Wheel Accents paint and clearcoat.

Reactions: tworley
Enjoyed reading your jeep journey to date. Never been a fan of the pocket flares, so I'm on board with you putting the stockers back on, or maybe find some Rubi flares since they are 1" wider. The Canyons are 8" wide, and I think your stock steelies are 7". Here's a painting idea I did on my Canyons. I used Duplicolor Wheel Accents paint and clearcoat.
View attachment 80472

You're original post containing that picture was a contributing factor for considering going two tone on my set. Depending on how my buddy who does restoration thinks it would go, may do similar to yours but the outer ring dark as well.

You pulled a semi free with your tj?! Nice! I wouldn’t have thought that would work!

Yes I did :)
Only needed to get it a few feet forward so his wheels had contact with dry pavement for traction. Given the weight of the entire system I'm not sure if I'd have been able to get him farther if he hadn't been in gear as well. Maybe someday I can find out for sure though :)

06March2019

Caffeine inspired thought while reviewing 14.5 yr-old notes and looking at my Jeep while having a cigarette:

OEM upper door hinge (threaded)
Two lock washers
Nylon threaded nut
Scrap metal/steel
Welder

Mirror relocation bracket for going sans doors?

Yes I did :)
Only needed to get it a few feet forward so his wheels had contact with dry pavement for traction. Given the weight of the entire system I'm not sure if I'd have been able to get him farther if he hadn't been in gear as well. Maybe someday I can find out for sure though :)
That's amazing! That would be a great youtube video!

11March2019

Secured a set of full hard doors. Now debating whether or not to use them as soon as I get them, or have them repainted and due to seasonal weather let them sit inside and then use them. Tentatively planning to call and consult with the paint shop later today if I have time and ask what they'd recommend as far as letting the new paint being exposed to the weather and factor that information into making a decision. Or may go a couple days with silver doors on the red jeep and see if its a look I could handle for a while until things are dry/warm enough to go door-less. Patience is not always one of my stronger attributes.

Due to having tracked down my doors and rims I now find myself wondering what I should search for next. Considering looking for back up parts that I get the impression from forum posts are difficult to locate. Not sure though. Last two large ticket items on the list are fenders and seat covers. Have a line on possible take-off fenders and waiting for tax return before ordering seat covers from Bartact. After that going to continue collecting components to upgrade from factory speakers up front, maybe Grabars, sun shade for sure, then may call it good other than little things for the year. Time will tell.

24March2019

After quite a few months of gathering ideas, looking at parts, reading anything/everything I could about said parts, making multiple lists, slimming down multiple lists, watching way more YouTube than I care to admit, and continually going through budgets, I finally identified and prioritized the changes to my TJ for the remainder of 2019. Everything is down to two lists: "Big" changes, and "Wish List". For some people my "big ticket" items are probably a drop in the bucket. Seeing as I'm still dealing with consequences of questionable decisions over the years, I list what I did as "big" because for me at this time they are. So without further ado:

Big Changes

New Front Fenders.
Now that the ice and snow are gone, I find the holes in the current front fenders to be a lot bigger than what they were just a few months ago. As much as I would love to get MOPAR replacements, at the moment it is not feasibly within the budget. Given the condition of my current ones, replacing them is Priority #1 so for the time being I'm going to go with non-MOPAR. Once things have calmed down a bit I will look into the feasibility of replacing them with MOPAR or OEM.

Bulldawg Hard Upper Doors.
This one I'm almost on the fence with. After going through the process of looking for full doors and all that entails, new uppers seemed better suited for what I want after all.

I currently have Bestop sliders and I feel they are way better than the OEM zippered uppers. For starters I live in an area that gets winter weather. As often as we get frost, snow, and ice that needs scraping it's just not feasible to have vinyl windows. I do dislike the smaller amount of visibility area tho. At first I always ran with the front portion open, but over the last couple weeks have made the point of only using the rear portion in an attempt to simulate the Bulldawgs. Sliders are less noisy than the vinyls and stiffer (less "flapping" at highway speed). Even the Bestops have a noticeable difference in heat retention while open. Over all a really good door upper.

So why change to Bulldawgs? A few reasons. Haven't been able to test out my reasoning in person, so going on hope/faith. For starters, larger window area/visibility. From what I can tell poking about online, the hard window is about the size of the vinyl one. Even if it isn't, the window is definitely larger than on the Bestop sliders. More visibility is always good in this case in my experiences. Fiberglass one piece vs canvas over steel frame sounds... better(?) in my experiences (think pretty much every variation of a Humvee door produced prior to 2014). Stiffer, bit more "solid", and already painted. Lastly, the bottom portion has a larger footprint where it contacts/fits onto the lower door. Instead of a "L" type bracket that extends half the width of the door, the bottom portion "flares" out to cover the entire width of the lower door and then connects with threaded bolts into threaded pins (that replace that standard OEM style ones). This also allows a bit of an arm rest to be incorporated into them (side bonus). Then there's price. Base price and shipping are both less than anything I've been able to find for full doors, and that's not even then adding in the hassle of matching interior panels, lock keying, outside paint matching, etc. I know originally I was looking full doors, but after giving it more time/research I feel the Bulldawgs would be better suited to what I'm looking for.

Bartact Front Seat Covers.
This one was part no-brainer, part a lot of research. In the past I've always just gone with what-ever seat covers were on sale at the various big, online dealers. On average three years is about all they seem to last without fading, ripping, staining, etc. Decided I wanted something more durable, wouldn't fade as soon (if possible), hopefully with guarantee. Originally was looking at Cover King, then Carhart, and finally ended up with Bartact. Chances are much more than likely I've used their products previously without knowing it. I also like the look of their covers as well as them backing up their work. Current plan is to have the rear seat removed as often as possible this year so not currently concerned about front covers matching the rears.

Wish List

Pretty much random stuff that if the opportunity arises I wouldn't complain if I acquired them.

Grabars
New front speakers/sound pods
New interior carpet/sound deadening/bed rug
Agate/black portion of the dash that covers the airbag on the passenger side (trying for a "T" shape in that color)

Not the entirety of what I'm going to add/change this year, but a much narrower look/plan. If things go well, and currently looks like they will, should have the "big" items at least ordered within the next 4-6 weeks. Hopefully by June will have at least the fenders installed and the Bulldwags on hand for when its raining/cross-country trips.

27March2019

Reached around 65* F this afternoon, after being sunny most of the morning. On lunch break went ahead and un-clipped the sides for the sunroof on the Trektop NX. Was really appreciated after work being able to just undo the front latches and fold that portion back to run some errands before heading home.

Removed the rear seat (first time doing so from the tailgate with the top on the TJ) and as expected need to do quite a bit of vacuuming this weekend. Then took the opportunity to confirm the MOLLE panel will mount to the tailgate in a position that won't conflict with the instatrunk. I'd say that's a win.

Almost consistently warm enough to help my buddy set up his paint area in his garage and get working on the Canyon wheels.

Threw out my list from earlier this week and broke things into repair "rounds" focusing on the front, interior front, interior rear, and exterior areas. Figure I can make sure I don't overlook anything doing the front-to-back route. Not always easy to stay focused with the weather finally being nicer and Spring/Summer on the way. Certain I can do it though :)

01April2019

No progress yet on big changes. Over the weekend ordered parts to swap out the door frame mounted dome light switch with a 3-position one from Mercedes. Will allow running door-less without having to remove the bulb, or the fuse, or install springs (which I tend to forget are sometimes) while still allowing the dome light to function normally. Hopefully next week while on vacation from work I will get the chance to install them along with other smaller items (looking at you wiper mounted windshield fluid sprayers).

Did a proof-of-concept test assembly this afternoon using magnets and the MOLLE panel for my tailgate. Been slowly trying to refine the idea and think I may have the final iteration down. Will find out in a couple weeks after some further parts have arrived. If things go as currently planned, won't have to drill into the tailgate to mount the MOLLE panel, while potentially gaining more functionality/uses out of it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Keeping an eye on temps/weather forecasts. Depending on how things go I'm considering removing the windows from my Trektop NX and put on the wrap-around cab cover along with the tonneua cover. Considering trying out a Skidrow Tonno prop this year. Looks like it be pretty much the same as using the prop for the Trektop, which makes a noticeable difference in my experience.

Pretty much all for right now.

04Arpil2019

As usual, 20 minutes after arriving at work FedEx dropped off a package (Mercedes door frame/dome light switches)... in the rain. Luckily a co-worker that drives by my place on their normal route to work hadn't left home yet for the day and swung by to bring them to me. I work with nice people :)

Spent the slow time this morning confirming measurements, gathering spare/scrap metal & cardboard, and made templates for the magnet bracket I'm experimenting with to mount my MOLLE panel to my tailgate and Instatrunk. Probably doing more work than I need to, but I'd really prefer not to drill holes in the tailgate or Instatrunk. Plus gives me another option for hanging MOLLE pouches/gear/misc. in my shop should the mood hit me. So far so good. Tomorrow during the slow time at work will grab some photos to document things as I fabricate and assemble the mount. Will most likely post them here in case someone ever looks for something similar. I figure if its an idea I've had, someone else somewhere in the world probably has as well.

Officially on vacation as of 1600 tomorrow, have close to 24/7 access to our garage annex at work, so thinking Saturday I may get a chance to swap out my damaged front bumper with the one I grabbed on here back during the winter, vacuum and clean the interior, possibly even install the wiper-mounted windshield sprayers. Depending on how long that all takes, and if I have the pocket change, might go ahead and fabricate a tonno/duster/bed cover prop with some PVC piping. YouTube and some other Jeep forums have given me plenty of ideas for how to do one. Forecasting snow for next week, so not in a hurry other than I'm tired of waiting to get to do stuff for the Jeep. Being patient when deployed is one thing. Being at home and having to be patient is something else entirely (at least for me).

Speaking of tonno/duster/bed covers, anyone know if such a thing exists as a one-piece windjammer (preferably wrap-around) and tonno/duster/bed cover? Other than the Bestop Half-top (just doesn't fit my needs and cost too much to modify)?

06April2019

Finally made progress!!! :)

Woke up early (for me on a weekend) today to meet my buddy who does restorations and hand off my Canyons. Still not quite warm enough for his garage booth, but he did say he has some other jobs to do and can sneak my wheels in this week while he does prep work on them. Felt so good that I didn't even notice or care about being out in the rain for a short while.

Chilled a bit on my porch for a while listening to the rain. Fell asleep for a bit apparently or something because next thing I knew it was late morning and SUNNY!!! Went outside, found out the forecast for the day was lower than what the temperature actually was and decided... F-it! First nice day without having to work or road trip anywhere.

So I decided to finally clean out the TJ:

Won't lie, took an hour just vacuuming out as much as possible... and that doesn't include pulling the carpet up. Will be doing that in another week or so if all goes well (hopefully will be installing the Bedrug at that time too). Gave the windows a quick once-over, cleaned off as much gunk/grime from the interior trim as possible (actually made a difference) without a toothbrush and Q-tips (on the agenda though). Over all it just felt good to have the windows off and the top back.

After some back and forth decided to put the Instatrunk back in. Also relocated the mini cargo net that was behind the rear seat to the set of footmans that the rear seat usually cover. Don't know off the top of my head as to why, but something tells me I will find them more useful there instead of in the trunk before it is all said and done.

Following the clean up I decided to go ahead with switching over to the Spring look to give it another test.

I like the look of Bestop's halftop, but can't justify the price as its too small for full time use for me. I like the versatility of the windjammer/duster combo. I just wish that someone out there would make a one-piece wrap-around windjammer and duster. Preferably without the bottom curtain on the windjammer. That would be something I'd buy in a heartbeat, even if I had to carry out on the work-related joke about stealing a kidney or two from the newsroom to afford it. Having a difficult time finding upholstery businesses in the area, hoping to find one that I could discuss what I wanted the end product to look like and see if they were able to combine the two components into a single one while hopefully being waterproof, or at least less leaky than the two piece combo. In the meantime, have plans for a PVC duster prop to build and using the Bestop all weather cab cover (for at work and the drive way) when its supposed to rain.

Overall spent a good five or more hours outside either working on the Jeep or taking a short ride around town because the weather was way too nice not to. Didn't get a single Jeep wave, but damn I got a LOT of stares (including non-jeepers). Apparently driving around with the front half of the top flipped back/open and the 'jammer/duster combo is almost unheard/seen around my area.

Felt good to make progress even though I wasn't able to get everything done I was hoping to today. Still have the front bumper to swap out (did remove the driver side milk jug to balance it out for the time being), remove the old door hinge bushings and install new delrin ones, make the PVC duster prop, and install arm-mounted washer sprayers, remove the base for the spare tire mount bicycle carrier, install the 3rd brake light riser I've had for literally ten years, and get the driver door fixed up a bit (needs a new seal and one of those plastic plug-like pieces that hold the interior panel to the door body). Have another week before things are in line and I can get the fenders ordered, then take them to get painted, find out if my passenger rocker panel is repairable or needs replaced, and hopefully by mid-May the Canyons will be ready.

So while I wasn't able to complete my entire Jeep To-Do list, feels like I made great progress at least getting done what I did. All while enjoying a good, warm, sunny Spring day :)

08April2019

Mid morning dropped the sunroof and drove out to the local Menards. Been kicking around the idea of getting the Skidrow Tonno Prop but hesitant to drill holes if not needed. So as I'm pretty sure I mentioned before, spent the past week plus looking at ideas for a DIY PVC prop to help prevent/reduce water pooling up on the back cover when it rains. I normally throw the cab cover over the TJ if the rear windows are off, but it doesn't play as nice if with the Trektop NX in "safari mode" (ie, sides won't reach the rails on the tub). A Smittybilt C-Res will keep the sides from coming in enough for rain to mostly stay away, but still not the best. Plus with the C-Res I can't use a tonno/duster/deck cover due to the whole needing the same tub rails thing.

So, PVC prop. I can honestly say that for once something went according to plan/easy. Mendards already had five (5) foot sections of PVC in 1/2" diameter that I was looking for. Found four 90* elbows and two "T" connectors, some foam pipe insulation, and I was set. PVC went over the Instatrunk and through the "doggy door" of the windjammer without a hitch, plenty of room for other things I picked up, and back home I went.

Before I got busy I checked how a 5ft section would fit. Answer: not very well to be honest. This was expected as one of the write-ups on a different forum mentioned trial & error size reduction until they hit 58 1/2". So marked that on one of the pipes, cut it down, and found it did indeed fit "just right". Marked another pipe at 24" inches, cut it, had my "sides" to sit on top of the wheel wells. Attached them with a 90* elbow, and test fitted the duster (why does that thing hate the passenger side snap to the windjammer any time I glance at it?), found it fit snug, but not too snug over the prop bow (hereby referred to as just "the bow"). Success :)

Spending a few minutes looking at the fit, I decided I didn't like that the duster still sagged a bit in the middle. Measured the length of a T-connector, subtracted that from the side piece on top of the wheel well, cut it down, then in half. Attached the two halves to the T-connector, cut another 5ft. length down to 58 1/2", attached that into the T's, and have a nice bow not quite mid way of the duster... right where the water usually pools. Undid things one last time, wrapped the insulation foam around the bows, and buttoned things up again. So far I'm happy with the look, there's enough curve to help prevent water from pooling, but things aren't so tight as to stress any seams.

Here's a quick pick from under the duster, tailgate looking forward in order to give a general idea:

(Gotta' clean my phone's camera lens and try that again, then replace that pic in a few days.)

After a mandatory coffee break (a good Fobbit never lets their mug run dry), I decided to tackle the dreaded door hinge busing replacement. As expected, did NOT go as easy as the instructions made it seem it would. Either the body portion of the hinge knuckles are wider on top than they are on bottom, or Quadratec's measurements are off for older model TJ's. Short of an optical fibre cam like you see in secret spy movies, nothing I used or could see would suggest I had any residual pieces of the old bushings still in the hinge knuckle. Everything was smooth as a newborn's bottom. Yet the delrin bushings would not go in further than 1/4" or so. No amount of brushing, scraping, or swearing would change that. I honestly spent over an hour on the top and bottom driver side hinges trying to figure out where I could have missed something.

It is possible that I did miss something and just can't see it. I honestly don't know. What I do know is, being me and being stubborn, I decided since I had four bushings I'd sacrifice one for an experiment doing exactly what the instructions say not to do: used a hammer. BTW, do NOT use a hammer trying to fit a delrin bushing. They break.

At this point I did what probably isn't recommended, but I don't care at the moment because it worked. I took spare bushing #2 and fired up the bench grinder. Few passes on the grinder, checked diameter and visible integrity against an uninstalled bushing, few more passes, and viola! Ground bushing required a bit of pressure by hand and slipped right into the hinge knuckle. Repeated with a second bushing, re-installed my door (tight fit if anyone reading this is wondering), forgot to remove the spring holding the dome light switch down, closed door, cursed, removed spring and was happy dent on inside of door didn't get bigger. No, I'm not going to remove the fuse because I actually find the dome light useful at night to remind me if I left a door open.

So I'm making progress. Both on the TJ and with remembering myself (if that makes sense, thank you. If it doesn't, you're fortunate in my book). In about two oddly nice days weather-wise I've been able to knock out more than a few things on my to-do list for when Spring got here. As soon as the adapter nuts arrive I should be able to get the new dome light door switches installed. May swap out the bumper next weekend (supposed to rain/snow Wednesday through Friday and I have a road trip Tuesday until Friday or so). Buddy from work let me know he retrieved an aluminum plate with the dimensions I need for the tailgate MOLLE project, that actually should go quickly since I have things more or less ready to go sans that piece. Next week will be a good test period for how well I like the current wrap-around windjammer and duster combo partnered with the safari top. Never installed any of them this early into the year but after 4+ months of waiting my patience was pretty much shot.

In parting, power company is doing work in my alley this week. I think I should charge them for parking:

I know I said I'd be more than willing to make things as easy for them as possible, but I don't recall any of them mentioning leaving a tiny Deere in my driveway all day. Oh well, maybe it will help keep the white tails away.

Reactions: tworley
10April2019

Real world test successful!!!

Drove to see the better half yesterday to pick up her car and take her to an appointment the next town over. Rain and storms were forecast but I figured "eh, can just throw the cover on when I get back". Turns out getting back was just shy of 24 hours and multiple storms/showers/snow/ice/drizzle later. On the upside, no water pool on the duster cover (which also survived 65 mph for a good 63 miles stretched over the PVC bows). Some dampness on the rollbar padding immediately behind the front seats under the corner of the duster, but was expecting worse based on previous experience almost a decade ago. Only sign of leakage/pooling was oddly enough in the passenger side of the trunk closest to the tailgate. Thinking I probably had the trunk over stuffed and the rain seal wasn't quite sealed as a result as I've never seen this happen before. Everywhere else checked out nice and dry (little damp, but nothing more than usual with the full soft top on).

Trip at highway speed was definitely different than with the full soft top. I can't say how many decibels quieter/less noise there was but I can say my radio was perfectly audible at volume setting 18 on the road vs 28 like it normally is... and that's with having the fade set entirely to the front speakers since Monday morning vs both front & rear with the full soft top on. Still have road noise present as expected, but with the rear sectioned off didn't seem to as much. Overall there was a very noticeably reduction in noise to me, as well as the cab area staying warmer with less of a breeze going through.

I'm definitely happy with the results so far :)

20Arpil2019

Almost 80* this afternoon. In preparation I went out to the driveway around 11 AM and removed the top, doors, and installed the door-less mirrors. Left the windjammer up due to predicted rain on Monday as well as wanting to see if there's any noticeable effect of having it on without the doors and top. One thing for sure, definitely want a sun shade/screen from either Spiderwebshade or Alienshade for over the front seats.

Put installing the MOLLE panel on the back burner for the time being. Until I get around to it, or possibly even after, have the main first aid kit attached to the back of the center console via industrial 3M velcro. Seeing as I've lifted over 20 lbs. of equipment at work with it, pretty sure it can handle the first aid kit in the MOLLE pouch without issue. Thinking of looking to attach the pouch with the jumper cables to the bottom of the roll bar behind the driver seat. Not 100% sure at this time, just an idea I've kicked around a few times today.

Until I get the rear Bedrug installed in the cargo area have the Husky liner-ish mat I picked up from Quadratec many years back back in use. Removed the Instatrunk (again) for the time being. Will see how things play out and adjust fire if needed.

Attempted to install the 3rd brake light riser to keep things from rubbing against the spare. Tried a number of years ago but ran into issues with an extremely stubborn bolt. Had the same issue today. First three removed without much issue, but the fourth one is... well, soaking with PB Blaster for another couple days before giving it another try. Found replacements at Davey's Jeeps, so not concerned if I end up having to drill the stuck one out.

Attempted to troubleshoot what was up with my windshield washers not spraying. Didn't get past step 1 (is the pump working). Noticed the pump was unusually quiet. Quick once-over revealed that the wires weren't connected. Still trying to figure out that one. Just enough wire left coming out of the male plug that I should be able to solder the remaining pieces of wire back together. Would prefer pulling the old wires out of the plug and just install the other portions that's in the harness, but I'm quite puzzled how that would be possible without destroying the plug. Will see what I can come up with/accomplish in the shop at work on Monday. Would prefer to try a fix before replacing the entire pump outright at the moment. The connectors on the universal replacement pumps don't really appeal to me vs. re-using the OEM one. Time will tell which way I end up going on that one.

Didn't think to grab any photos while working on things. Possibly tomorrow.

23April2019

Needed a win today. Eleventh anniversary of my younger sister passing away from a combination of cancer and an infection due to an improperly installed port at the hospital (thank you Big Med). Even after all these years still brings me down a bit. Especially seeing how much has changed since then that she always wanted to be around for but at least physically isn't. She let me know she's still watching over (or at least putting in a good word for me) though...

First win: Bank returned my call from last week concerning potentially suspicious activity that resulted in a small mess. To help make up for it, they offered a grace period before making arrangements for parts financing... but I can get the parts funds tomorrow morning.

Second win (small but to me meaningful): Soldering the wires to my washer pump back together not only showed the pump still functions as it should but the washer nozzles were successfully cleared Saturday when I took a safety pin to them (that trick is invaluable IMO).

Wouldn't be surprised if I find a dime where there shouldn't be by the time the day is over. Even if I don't, its been a good day... especially since its day 4 of the Jeep being topless and forecast is sunny skies until Sunday so far.

25April2019

Parts ordered :)

Front fenders
Big 7 kit, 4GA from Jeepcables.com
Passenger side Delrin door hinge bushings
Alien shade in gray
Barefoot gas pedal (for fun)

Let the "hurry up and wait" begin...

... anyone seen the RTCH (wretch)?

27April2018

Parts starting arriving (early) today. So has clouds, freezing rain, wind gusts, and if the weather guessers are to be believed possibly a four-letter "S"-word later today. As of twelve hours ago the forecast for tomorrow was 50* and sunshine... so I wasn't surprised when today that changed to more clouds with the possibility of more rain/snow. I find I don't like having the top back on the Jeep after going almost a week without it. But... life is what it is, so Charlie Mike.

Fenders are estimated to be here by this time next week, with luck they will be getting painted this time next Saturday. All that's left so far is the Canyons getting refinished, which my buddy tells me he is on schedule to have done by next weekend as well. As a bonus, forgot I had some OT with the most recent paycheck and was able to secure an Agate passenger side airbag cover for the dash. May seem small/trivial, but I'm happy to be able to balance out the color on the dash between the darker gray around the instrument panel & center (and now passenger side) with the Mist gray everywhere else in the interior. I'm not sure (still waiting on the sample to arrive) but I think it will also help tie everything together when the Bedrug is installed as well. Guess time will tell.

Over all, few setbacks as far as weather conditions but still a good week/end.

EDIT:

May have just fallen into one heckuva' deal for a set of OEM take-off fenders already painted in PR4, excellent condition... will find out Monday night for sure. If this pans out I will be... in a large state of disbelief.

Last edited:
29April2019

I'm in a state of disbelief.

Not only were the fenders as advertised on CL, but the seller threw in a complete set of rotors and pads for all four brakes in good condition, front running lights, front side marker lights, and a complete set of good condition OEM fender flares... all for $350.

Between Jeepers, veterans, and generally good people looking out for each other it was a perfect day.

Now I just have to attempt to wait until Sunday when I can start installing the parts I picked up today...

Reactions: derekmac and Travis