Red half doors in LA for $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices on half doors are crazy! I’d trade my fulls for half but doubt I’ll find anyone wanting that.

Prices on half doors are crazy! I’d trade my fulls for half but doubt I’ll find anyone wanting that.
I would have done that. I hated my half doors. Sold them and bought full ones. Wish i had waited though. My full doors are a bit thrashed. I drove 4 hrs for them. And by time i got there i was so exhausted (early days with my tj. It drove like shit.) I didnt notice just how bad they were. I can have them repainted. But the door panels are cracked too. I know i can fix that. But they still will show.

Ya prices are crazy. But i sold my half doors for $800 2 years ago. And they needed repainting. So a grand for these doesnt seem to bad. I see no cracks in the interior panels. And the paint looks good. Id have that hinge repainted.

But i sold my half doors for $800 2 years ago. And they needed repainting. So a grand for these doesnt seem to bad.
It’s definitely a fair price for the current market, I wish I jumped in the few sets I saw a few years ago.

That's crazy.
Right? I saw them within an hour of being posted on offerup and I picked them up like 15 minutes later, I didn't want anyone being me to them or offering more haha
So they're out there for good prices, I was waiting on my savvy doors I had ordered but it had already been 8 weeks and I didn't want to wait much longer so I cancelled the order.

Right? I saw them within an hour of being posted on offerup and I picked them up like 15 minutes later, I didn't want anyone being me to them or offering more haha
So they're out there for good prices, I was waiting on my savvy doors I had ordered but it had already been 8 weeks and I didn't want to wait much longer so I cancelled the order.
I just picked up a set yesterday for $125. Guy had like ten people texting him by the time I got there. They need paint inside and out but the doors and panels are in great shape.

Ive considered waking to to Jeep owners with the same color Jeep and full doors and asking if they wanted to trade for my half doors.

The half’s are nice but I’d rather have fulls. Only time the half’s are on is during rainy season anyway. Full doors would be much better for that.

Reactions: Moab
Man I just got halfs like a month ago for 100 bucks in LA ten minutes from home. I feel so damn lucky. Had everything even the keys and soft uppers
Shit, I got mine for 100 as well but no keys/uppers and I still felt like I robbed the dude. Nice find

Is the upper door frame any different if you go from half to full doors? Anything else need to be changed?

Ive considered waking to to Jeep owners with the same color Jeep and full doors and asking if they wanted to trade for my half doors.

The half’s are nice but I’d rather have fulls. Only time the half’s are on is during rainy season anyway. Full doors would be much better for that.
If you’re ever down towards Colorado let’s try to make a deal. It would be nice to swap the key cores!

I need to find someone with good clean black full doors to trade for my slightly beat up doors plus some cash. Lol. Or just buy some better doors and sell mine.

I need to find someone with good clean black full doors to trade for my slightly beat up doors plus some cash. Lol. Or just buy some better doors and sell mine.

Im sure someone will go for a trade. I just gotta actually start approaching folks and asking them! That’s the hard part :)

What color is your Jeep? :oops:

are the handles, latches and linkages inside the 1/2 door similar to what's on a full door?
can we source new inner 1/2 door skins?

i'd be snatching and stripping every junk 1/2 door i could find if these pricks didn't still want 3-500 for rotten crap,

there are new raw blank doors available, its finding and buying all the odds and ends that really takes the cost up.

Status
Not open for further replies.