Red half doors in LA for $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a set yesterday for $125. Guy had like ten people texting him by the time I got there. They need paint inside and out but the doors and panels are in great shape.

I see them all the time sub-$500, picked mine up for $200 & they needed painting too but were also in great shape otherwise.

I don't understand these 'new' prices, 6, 7, 8 hundred & now a grand? All I can say is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: fuck that with a capital fuck that, any more than 2-300 I'd've just kept rolling along with my cloth halfies

I love the half doors, but not 'part-with-a-grand' love

I see them all the time sub-$500, picked mine up for $200 & they needed painting too but were also in great shape otherwise.

I don't understand these 'new' prices, 6, 7, 8 hundred & now a grand? All I can say is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: fuck that with a capital fuck that, any more than 2-300 I'd've just kept rolling along with my cloth halfies

It’s kind of that whole “if you tell a lie enough it becomes truth” mentality. Enough people start listing their parts/jeeps for ridiculous prices and it becomes the norm. I’m always scouting for parts for my next build and some of the prices I see on things is just asinine. There’s a guy down in Tucson that buys jeeps with hard tops, adds a soft top, and sells the jeeps and the tops separately. He has three tops right now for 2k each.

Absolutely nutty, but even more nutty that people pay those prices 🤡

Exactly! I’m not paying these stupid prices for either half or full doors. Probably wouldn’t pay a grand for BOTH half and full.

I have the half’s and they work fine, just not ideal for my personal wants. But to save $1,000 I can make them work quite easily.

I just looked at a set in Australia for $200au they are green and tan with a few dents but rust free, I am in 2 minds as its a lot of work with in out colour change and a bit of panel work, trouble is they are hard to get in Australia unless you do a door swap or find a wreck

I feel super lucky to have found halfs with new uppers that match my Jeep interior and exterior and in great condition for $500 only an hour drive from me a few years back. My worry is walking out to my Jeep one day to find them missing due to the scarcity and prices they have been fetching. (Although I try to take measures to minimize that risk such as drive it to safe areas where I’ll only be gone for a short period of time as well as using the McGard keyed locks on the door pins)

I think people are just extremely hard up this past year. And try to squeeze every dollar out of whatever junk they can part with.

Now that i think about it i sold my half doors for $800 two years ago. And they were black painted over yellow. And the yellow was showing. They needed re painted. I had some guys gf come buy them. She paid the $800 for the bf and picked them up. Clearly she had no interest in even looking them over. Sight unseen by the bf. Crazy. But i was the only person selling half doors at that time. I was just trying to pay for my $900 full doors. Which i granted overpaid for.

But this past year has been a bitch. Not everyone is getting unemployment or covid benefits still. But those that are are making bank. My son got laid off for covid. And is still collecting. Hes in school at ucla tho.

I feel super lucky to have found halfs with new uppers that match my Jeep interior and exterior and in great condition for $500 only an hour drive from me a few years back. My worry is walking out to my Jeep one day to find them missing due to the scarcity and prices they have been fetching. (Although I try to take measures to minimize that risk such as drive it to safe areas where I’ll only be gone for a short period of time as well as using the McGard keyed locks on the door pins)
Thats a good idea. I poo poo'd the lock guards when i put my full doors on. But now i think ill revisit that. You could literally take my doors in about 30 seconds.

I’ve seen some mention disabling the inside lock so you can only unlock the doors with the key. Seems like a good way to keep them on.

I think people are just extremely hard up this past year. And try to squeeze every dollar out of whatever junk they can part with.

Now that i think about it i sold my half doors for $800 two years ago. And they were black painted over yellow. And the yellow was showing. They needed re painted. I had some guys gf come buy them. She paid the $800 for the bf and picked them up. Clearly she had no interest in even looking them over. Sight unseen by the bf. Crazy. But i was the only person selling half doors at that time. I was just trying to pay for my $900 full doors. Which i granted overpaid for.

But this past year has been a bitch. Not everyone is getting unemployment or covid benefits still. But those that are are making bank. My son got laid off for covid. And is still collecting. Hes in school at ucla tho.
I sold my half doors on my first silver TJ for $500 like three years ago. I had people from all over the country asking for them, and like obsessively too. It was overwhelming to say the least. Ended up shipping them to some guy in Oregon. I had them up for like two weeks and didn’t get one hit from anyone here in the state. Half doors are awesome no doubt but the current obsession with them is a little silly to me.

Reactions: jazngab
Thats a good idea. I poo poo'd the lock guards when i put my full doors on. But now i think ill revisit that. You could literally take my doors in about 30 seconds.
Another safety measure is to disengage the door locks from inside. When you lock the doors they can only be unlocked using the keys. The rocker won’t work from the inside. I’ve thought about doing this as well.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
I’ve seen some mention disabling the inside lock so you can only unlock the doors with the key. Seems like a good way to keep them on.

I sold my half doors on my first silver TJ for $500 like three years ago. I had people from all over the country asking for them, and like obsessively too. It was overwhelming to say the least. Ended up shipping them to some guy in Oregon. I had them up for like two weeks and didn’t get one hit from anyone here in the state. Half doors are awesome no doubt but the current obsession with them is a little silly to me.
Man if I could only sell my hardtop out west 😖

Another safety measure is to disengage the door locks from inside. When you lock the doors they can only be unlocked using the keys. The rocker won’t work from the inside. I’ve thought about doing this as well.
Can u elaborate? I have full doors and a soft top. But my soft top will be off for the summer. My doors are not keyed to any key i have. I didnt bother having them keyed as i never lock them. For fear of having the soft top slit open.

What can i do beyond lock guards to secure them?

Man if I could only sell my hardtop out west 😖
I know dude. Trying buying one out here. Its like your searching for heroin. But the funny thing is all of the hard topsfor sale on offerup in LA for a maximum price have sat there for weeks months.

Sad story. A couple months back a dude at the garbage dump found one and sold it on offerup for $150. I missed it by not completing the sale via offerup. I was sick. Lesson learned. I dont ask questions anymore on extreme steals. I just pay the price. And hope for the best.

Can u elaborate? I have full doors and a soft top. But my soft top will be off for the summer. My doors are not keyed to any key i have. I didnt bother having them keyed as i never lock them. For fear of having the soft top slit open.

What can i do beyond lock guards to secure them?
Fairly simple. Remove the door panel. There are several rods and clips that all control the door handles and the locks, for both the outside handle and inside handle. Just unhook the clip that connects to the rod that pulls and pushes the inner door rocker locking mechanism. That way you can push the lock/unlock on the inside but it does nothing because it’s not connected anymore. Only the key can lock and unlock it from the outside. But you would need the locks to be keyed obviously for this to work, which isn’t that difficult either. I found a DIY on this site that I did it myself.

Fairly simple. Remove the door panel. There are several rods and clips that all control the door handles and the locks, for both the outside handle and inside handle. Just unhook the clip that connects to the rod that pulls and pushes the inner door rocker locking mechanism. That way you can push the lock/unlock on the inside but it does nothing because it’s not connected anymore. Only the key can lock and unlock it from the outside. But you would need the locks to be keyed obviously for this to work, which isn’t that difficult either. I found a DIY on this site that I did it myself.
Thank u for this. Good strategy. When my top is off. Still afraid to lock it up with soft top on.

I posted an eBay add a week or so ago that was asking $1500 for half doors.
Then I’m sorry, I can’t help but think your a POS if you are saying you’re the one selling them at $1500.

If you posted some other POS’s ad to show what a POS they are for asking that kind of greedy ass money to take advantage of an idiot, then obviously I’m no talking about you and please don’t take it as a shot at you.

Yeah, some dumb poor idiot may buy them, but it doesn’t change the fact whoever is selling half doors at $1500 can go straight to hell.

I can’t stand a waste of life looking to take advantage of others.

Last edited:
Then I’m sorry, I can’t help but think your a POS if you are saying you’re the one selling them at $1500.

If you posted some other POS’s ad to show what a POS they are for asking that kind of greedy ass money to take advantage of an idiot, then obviously I’m no talking about you and please don’t take it as a shot at you.

Yeah, some dumb poor idiot may buy them, but it doesn’t change the fact whoever is selling half doors at $1500 can go straight to hell.

I can’t stand a waste of life looking to take advantage of others.
:LOL: I can see now how you thought the listing might be mine, its not. I posted it to show everyone the crazy high prices half doors are going for. If I was selling half doors for $1500 and someone paid that I dont care if you want to call me a POS. It is called a free market for reason.

Reactions: Chris and Ironman
I posted an eBay add a week or so ago that was asking $1500 for half doors.
You meant you post an add on here a week ago. From someone selling half doora for $1500. Now i get it. Lol.

That dude that got all butt hurt. Should have asked for clarification first.

Status
Not open for further replies.