RED02TJ 2.0

Project Rubibro wannabe.
$120 Facebook find. Will work on cleaning and painting over the the next few weeks.

IMG_0670.jpeg

IMG_0669.jpeg

IMG_0667.jpeg

And new interior light. Clips to the grab handle strap + mag base for portability.

IMG_0538.jpeg

Rubibro update 3. While waiting for the flare paint, I tried a pack of the Cerakote trim wipes on my side steps and mirrors.
Before is Sunday, after is today and 30+hrs of rain. Not bad for $18, we’ll see how long it lasts.

1707854427851.jpeg

A final Rubibro/late model wannabe update.

Swapped in a generic shift boot, replacing the thick accordion OEM one. Holy cow it shifts so much easier.
IMG_0862.jpeg

Swapped in 03+ mirrors, my older ones never stayed adjusted.

IMG_0861.jpeg

Up next is figuring out if some steering play is in my head and to stop comparing it to my 2022 Honda or something I can improve. Steering box and pump were replaced because they looked like this when I brought it home. Tire pressure is equal @26-28 on KO2s and I’ve done the DIY alignment multiple times. I can do 80 with no death wobble and 2fingers on the wheel but it just feels like a pontoon boat sometimes. I’m thinking steering shaft, not sure how that would wear out at only ~36k miles but given the steering pump pics when I picked it up, maybe. To be continued.

IMG_1166.jpeg

Spring updates:

Loving the new Summit foam:

IMG_0957.jpeg

Put on and took off 03+ side mirrors, had leftover paint from my Rubibro wannabe flares so I painted my original mirrors.

IMG_1024.jpeg

Wired my head unit GPS for offline maps
IMG_1021.jpeg

New mopar Gas cap

IMG_1020.jpeg
Swapped my floppy center vent

IMG_1022.jpeg

Finally finally got my amp out of my glovebox. I love the size of kicker 4 channel 400w amp. Used some 15lb rated Velcro to mount to the roof of the glove box cavity.

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1018.jpeg

IMG_1022.jpeg

Blackstone report ETA Monday

Last edited:
Blackstone report, looks like all good

Attachments

• RED TJ-240312.pdf
    187.7 KB · Views: 10