Redux

The steering stabilizer mount now identifies as a HA cylinder mount.

20220809_212757.jpg

Short test drive found a leaky seal at the shaft. @mrblaine sent out a replacement seal within 15 minutes so that'll be a project for this weekend.

I'm waiting to give a review until after this is fixed and I align the steering, but so far it feels good.

Underside needs to be washed again since fluid sprayed all back at the engine and frame.

20220810_183519.jpg

The replacement seal from @mrblaine arrived! Thank you sir!

View attachment 351366

I don't see the -6 male plugs in the lines. We whip one fitting off of the cylinder, plug it real quick while the cylinder is in the bucket, do the next one and then leave the lines in the bucket while we work on the cylinder. When it goes back in, the cylinder goes in the bucket, plug pulled, line screwed on, repeat for the other port. That way we aren't draining the whole system again. Fast and easy.

I don't see the -6 male plugs in the lines. We whip one fitting off of the cylinder, plug it real quick while the cylinder is in the bucket, do the next one and then leave the lines in the bucket while we work on the cylinder. When it goes back in, the cylinder goes in the bucket, plug pulled, line screwed on, repeat for the other port. That way we aren't draining the whole system again. Fast and easy.

The entire area is covered in about half a quart of fluid anyway from the leak and I was able to get most in the clean bucket to reuse by plugging them with my fingers while removing the other.

While I was bleeding I contemplated the wisdom of your words and realized that I could have bleed the system in minutes if I had followed them.

I mounted the old ARB from my red LJ on the unused ABS tray. The wiring was installed quick and dirty since I'm running out of time. It'll work, but it's not as clean as I'd like.

20220816_181223.jpg

Mrs Tox posted a full trip report for the Alcan 5000 rally over here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...000-in-summer-2022.25998/page-11#post-1188627 So I won't go into trip details in this thread.

Maintenance was pretty minimal for the trip. The frame side track bar bolt loosened up about 1/4 turn on day 7 which I tightened at the next gas station. We did an oil change half way through the trip, and replaced the air filter at the end of the trip before the drive home (although, next time I would bring an air filter along to swap out half way through since the roads were very dusty and I noticed a reduction in power). Everything else held up great and waited until we got home.

20220828_095731.jpg

Of course I brought along a bottle for sampling oil so here's the report from that:

1664674437711.png

Maintenance at home was simple stuff:

• The oil got changed again, this time to SuperTech 5w-30 High Mileage Full Synthetic supposedly good for 10,000 miles. Depending on how the next report comes back I plan to run it for at least 8,000 miles.
  • Balance and rotate tires.
  • Some dirt (maybe rust?) settled in the bottom of the radiator overflow tank so I flushed it out and refilled.
  • Replaced the air filter again.
  • Washed the Jeep and engine bay three times since it was so dirty.
At some point I'd like to do some more preventative maintenance, but even in its current state it should be good until the next oil change if I don't get to it.

20220921_183156.jpg

The report from the Valvoline High Milage Synthetic 5w30 that I put in mid-Canada came back.

The air filter that I ran during the first half of the trip was a Wix 46081. During the 2nd half of the trip I ran a cheap one from Napa but changed it again to a Wix after the trip.

1666628055263.png