Redux

Opposite again. That fitting for the return goes to the passenger side. Makes it easier to get the left side out of the cooler back to the reservoir. Plus it will be in the way of the trans cooler line.

DSC00544.JPG

Took a slight break to pour the engine oil back in.

And lengthened the trans vent and secured an overflow bottle since it was possibly adding to the leakyness.

#redneck

20220806_171245.jpg

A few things, that clamp will break long before it even begins to dent the truss.
View attachment 349280
We take a 1/2" drill bit and run it through all 3 holes in the stabilizer mount, and new rear brace to make it easier to install that end of the cylinder. If someone is struggling with the double bend, they can do the first bend at the bolt hole and just swing the end over until it touches the truss and weld that up.
1659960003684.png

Reactions: toximus
The front LCA oval got wallowed out. I'm not exactly sure how since the bolts have always been torqued and the fairing surface of the Black Magic Brakes washer is flush on the inside. The oem bracket has also gotten wavey over the years bashing rocks, so I straightened it out the best I could, welded it up, ground it flat, and put a Currie miniskid on as straight as I could.

20220808_194301.jpg

20220809_154432.jpg

20220809_164554.jpg

20220809_184936.jpg

The front LCA oval got wallowed out. I'm not exactly sure how since the bolts have always been torqued and the fairing surface of the Black Magic Brakes washer is flush on the inside. The oem bracket has also gotten wavey over the years bashing rocks, so I straightened it out the best I could, welded it up, ground it flat, and put a Currie miniskid on as straight as I could.

View attachment 349709

View attachment 349710

View attachment 349711

View attachment 349712

The warning in the instructions explains why it elongated the slot. You can see the previous wear on the inside of the mount. That means the ends of the JJ were just clamped onto the JJ washer oval raised area which allowed it to move back and forth. They are supposed to be test fit, checked to make sure the oval is slightly lower or flush before they are used.

The warning in the instructions explains why it elongated the slot. You can see the previous wear on the inside of the mount. That means the ends of the JJ were just clamped onto the JJ washer oval raised area which allowed it to move back and forth. They are supposed to be test fit, checked to make sure the oval is slightly lower or flush before they are used.

I think that's definitely what happened recently. But I'm not sure what lead up to that happening.

It appeared on the one side that the oem metal smeared thin and got sanded down with friction over time. The good metal is identical thickness. Maybe this side was originally thinner than the other side?

Edit - I suppose we'll never know without knowing the entire history of this Jeep.

Last edited:
I think that's definitely what happened recently. But I'm not sure what lead up to that happening.

It appeared on the one side that the oem metal smeared thin and got sanded down with friction over time. The good metal is identical thickness. Maybe this side was originally thinner than the other side?

Edit - I suppose we'll never know without knowing the entire history of this Jeep.

These damn POs are out of control!