Reese Adjustable Towbar

JKFrank

New member and just bought a 1999 TJ Sport.

I have an ARB front bumper and I am trying to attach the brackets for this tow bar to the bumper. Do they have to be perpendicular to the tow vehicle or can they at a slight 5-10 degree angle. To get them at least 24 inches apart as per instructions they will have to go where the bumper angles slight backwards.

I hope that make sense! Would like some reassurance before drilling 4 x 1/2 inch holes!

Frank

A picture would help but the tow bar needs to be parallel to the ground, the 24" spread is important, if the tow bar is not restricted by the slope of the bumper that should not be an issue.

For liability..... you need to follow the instructions.

Billiebob thank you for the prompt reply. See attached pics. There should be no restrictions to the tow bar

Jeep1.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

No. I got the Reese adjustable tow bar. Do not have the model number handy. Similar to this one.
63181Reese.png

Almost the same one, just charged more for it. I have seen these mounted on the angle like your talking about. I have one of the asjustable arm ones. It mounts to the tabs on my bumper, where the tow hooks go.

Reactions: TJTJ04