1. It's time to vote for the November 2017 "Ride of the Month"! Click here to vote. Voting will end on October 31st.
    Dismiss Notice

Regional sub-forums are back... with a twist!

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by Chris, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

At one point we had regional sub-forums. I ultimately did away with them, because a large number of people seemed to be confused by them. New members would sign-up for the site, then assume that since they were from a specific state, that's where they should post their "help" thread.

That resulted in me constantly having to move threads to the correct sub-forum, which got annoying, especially given that each state had it's own sub-forum!

What I've done now is made one forum for each country. When a member posts a thread in their country sub-forum, you will be forced to choose a "Thread Prefix", which will be either your state or province.

So, then when you scroll through let's say the "United States" forum, you'll see every thread has the state in front of the thread title. This will make it easy for people to navigate, but also make things easier to manage, as we won't have 100 different sub-forums for each state.

I should also add that regional forums are ONLY for things like local gatherings, get togethers, trail maps, off-road spots, etc.

In other words, please use your head. Don't post a "Why won't my TJ start?" thread in the United States forum, when that isn't a "local" discussion by any means.

Make sense?

2. Kiwi TJ

Kiwi TJ TJ Enthusiast
    Supporting Member

Clear as mud @Chris lol...mucho gracias

Chris likes this.
  3. HongKongDrifter

If we want to trash talk rival college football teams, do we stay in our own state forum or do we go to other states? ;)

4. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

Haha... You can do that in the regional forum or off-topic, not too picky about that.

HongKongDrifter likes this.