Removing cruise control 99 TJ

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I’m removing the CC so I can install the remote res. For the PSC power steering pump. I haven’t used it in years anyway. It’s a 1999 sport. Am I right in thinking that all I need to do is remove the cable, servo, vacuum line and the plug the vacuum port?
Thanks for any help.

I’m removing the CC so I can install the remote res. For the PSC power steering pump. I haven’t used it in years anyway. It’s a 1999 sport. Am I right in thinking that all I need to do is remove the cable, servo, vacuum line and the plug the vacuum port?
Thanks for any help.

Yes, that's all there is to it.

Mine didn't come with cruise control so I installed factory cruise control. Basically it was the reverse order of what you described. One of the simplest installs I've ever done.

Thank I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything seems pretty strait forward and simple.

Thank I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything seems pretty strait forward and simple.

Yep, you should be good. It's definitely very simple.

I'm certain it wouldn't be as easy to remove the cruise control system on a brand new vehicle, that's for sure.

You are right about that although it’s all computer controlled so it takes up no extra space. I’m only removing if for the space. The bracket for the PSC steering red has it mounted on the brake booster right were the cruise control module sits on my 99. So if I take it off or move it all will be good. I figure I’ll just remove it and save the parts but I cannot even remember the last time I used it. If I’m traveling that far for wheeling I trailer it anyway plus’s being in the mountains of CO it never really works well anyway with a 5 speed and shifting all the time

I believe @tomtaylz still has his blanks for the steering wheel from when he ADDED cruise. Sounds like you have the correct reverse order of installation.

I’m pulling CC from my 2001 Donor Jeep this weekend with intentions to install it in my non CC 2000. You guys and the write ups make it look pretty straight forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for any help.

Yes, that's all there is to it.

Mine didn't come with cruise control so I installed factory cruise control. Basically it was the reverse order of what you described. One of the simplest installs I've ever done.

Can you please explain how you plug the vacuum port? I'm mounting my psc reservoir there tomorrow. I saw Chris's pdf link on how to install cruise control which gives me an idea of how to go about in reverse order. I'm assuming I just need to plug the little tee fitting with something.

Last edited:
So I just removed the CC on my 06 LJ. Making room for the highlines. Plugged the lines. Hooked battery back uo and now have the
P0443 code. Thoughts? Yes I tried the gas cap.

Last edited: