Removing front driveshaft

DCDoes

I am going to drop the skid since it will be easier for me to access the TC side. I have a couple questions first. I recently bought the jeep and it already had some mods done. I believe this is the stock skit, am I right? Where should I place my jack to support the trans and TC? The attached pictures show the front and rear of the skid. Thanks!!!
ba51039e8dd9f6177cb5b32588f88d77.jpg
f717daea20e94db1806f270bfa201c37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to drop the skid since it will be easier for me to access the TC side. I have a couple questions first. I recently bought the jeep and it already had some mods done. I believe this is the stock skit, am I right? Where should I place my jack to support the trans and TC? The attached pictures show the front and rear of the skid. Thanks!!!View attachment 99625View attachment 99626

I would use a 2x4 on the trans pan to spread the load or on the engine oil pan. That’s what we do sometimes at our shop. every situation is different.

Reactions: DCDoes
That is not the stock skid plate, the stock plate is made out of stamped steel, that is plate and it looks like a belly up skid but can’t tell the brand. Can’t tell from the picture but is it made of steel or aluminum?

It’s steel. Heavy mother. Here is a picture of it on the floor. Got the drive shaft out. Now a quick run to get new u-joints. Going OEM for now. I will replace the axle when I replace the lift in a few months.
90faccf9bd9cda9f2cae525fdceaa197.jpg