removing rear windows?

Shelly

Is this how the back window is supposed to look? I thought it came out completely. But it just rolls up? My first time taking the back windows off. And i had a hell of a time unzipping the back one. Am i supposed to unlatch the soft top corners from the frame before i unzip? I know this
20160309_173853.jpg
might sound stupid but this is my first time.

You can do both the window will zip out if you want or leave it as you have it. To remove I think both zippers have to go to the left side.

I had them all the way to the left and i couldn't for the life of me get it to come off. I didn't want to break it

I had them all the way to the left and i couldn't for the life of me get it to come off. I didn't want to break it
I couldn't get mine to come out either, so I ended up just rolling it up like you did. Be careful when you roll it up, you dont want to crease the window when you fold the top down.

I couldn't get mine to come out either, so I ended up just rolling it up like you did. Be careful when you roll it up, you dont want to crease the window when you fold the top down.

I'm gonna try and lube the zippers up and take it out next time.

I'm gonna try and lube the zippers up and take it out next time.
I used paraffin wax on my zippers in the past. It seems to work well and is not messy, I just held the block of wax against the zipper and went all the way around on both window and top.;)

Reactions: Travis
Is this how the back window is supposed to look? I thought it came out completely. But it just rolls up? My first time taking the back windows off. And i had a hell of a time unzipping the back one. Am i supposed to unlatch the soft top corners from the frame before i unzip? I know this might sound stupid but this is my first time.

That's exactly how I roll mine up. The only difference is I don't unzip mine past where the straps are that hold it up and out of the way when rolled up.

Reactions: Chris
Getting the side windows back in when it's cold out takes a special kind of masochism, to be sure. Luckily, it gets easier the more you do it. Having a good top helps a whole bunch as well. The dealership put a Rampage top on mine to replace the worn out factory unit. It fits OK, but not exactly right. The little details on it suck, and the zippers are pretty cheap. It works, but another Rampage is NOT going back on when this one wears out. Hopefully that happens soon.

Here's how i put the side windows in: Start the zipper about three or four teeth. Put the front flashing into the door surround and make sure it is well and truly seated. Hook a small chunk of the Velcro on the rear, upper side of the window. Finish zipping the window in. Hook the lower flashing into the body channel. Tug the window flat while attaching the rest of the Velcro starting at the top and working back and down. Seems to work OK, even in the cold.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasquatchewan
MOPAR has a zipper lube in a tube. I use it a couple of times a summer and I works well.

Reactions: Chris