Removing Trektop NX

BonesXX

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have had mine on for a couple of months now and I am getting ready to remove it for fall. I would appreciate any tips on how to make it easier

not much to it, and unfortunately there's not much to make the header and bow assembly less awkward to deal with. When I used to switch tops for winter I would drape it over a PVC pipe and hang it from the hard top hoist out of the way.

1. Disconnect header clamps and open sunrider
2. unhook rear straps
3. unhook center roll bar straps
4. remove top and store
5. remove door surrounds, store
6. remove tailgate bar brackets if incompatible with hard top (mine are)
7. ???
8. Profit

Trektop Nx, so thankfully no bow assembly.
  • Remove the quarter and back windows. I like to roll them in a large soft beach towel (and be sure to clean them first. Plexus is your friend). Set them aside.
  • Disconnect the following.. Rear straps that go to tub rail; straps that connect around the roll bar in front of the sound bar; header clips.
  • Fold the Sunrider back.
  • Place the window roll on top of the folded hack header bar.
  • I leave the rear bow threaded through the end of the top deck
  • Roll the back half of the top deck forward and the flap that is the sunrider section of the top deck backwards and then disconnect the thumb clips that are the sunrider pivot point.
  • Lift and remove the rolled up top deck.
  • I use some loose turns of clear stretch packing tape stuff.. Loose so it doesn't put a dent in the rolled up fabric or windows. Loose bungee or cord could work too.
If storage is an issue for you, you can remove the four screws that connect the sunrider side bars to the header bar. Don't lose the screws.

Last edited: