Repacked the day bag

So, how many folks have actually used thier go bag or day pack? It's kind of nice when you are messing about to be able to decide that you want to stay out overnight. It happens a couple of three times a year for me. You're out and about. You decide that staying out overnight is a good idea. You have the gear right there to do that. It just works out for me.

Twice a buddy and I took off to some land of his folks and hiked about 3 miles into the hills and squatted for the weekend. Seriously reconfigured after that. Had too much "crap"
This is a good exercise. You always think you have everything you may need until a trial run. This applies to a lot of other things as well!

Reactions: StG58
Perfect way to teach the youngsters as well. The back yard isn't a scarry place.
Ha... I camped many a nights in the back yard with the kids (3 kids each 3 yrs apart) and their friends prior to them all committing to the real woods. Each time my wife (a princess) gave in before midnight and retreated to the comfort of conditioned space.

Yeah I didn't marry a woodsie gal

Kids love camping in the back yard. About once or twice a year the grandkids talk me into setting up the wall tent in the back yard. It turns into a full blown grand production. Kills a pretty good sized patch of lawn, but the grandkids are thrilled.

I do this same thing for my 5 and 8 year old. All we have is a 6 person tent so watching them drag out their sleeping bags and flashlights and go "camping" in the back yard is pretty funny. I know come this summer they'll all want to do it again.

We've done this as well, right in the carport. Set up camp to see what's needed, and what's not.
20150523_155428.jpg

Didn't get too many pictures as I like to keep phone use to a minimum while camping but here's a picture of our super shelter before the visqueen went up and another of the fire I started with my nanostriker.

8f61fe011cc99b43686764fd823f2145.jpg

7e30ef266b9aac92b5a4e1df26c5dbcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Didn't get too many pictures as I like to keep phone use to a minimum while camping but here's a picture of our super shelter before the visqueen went up and another of the fire I started with my nanostriker.

View attachment 11763
View attachment 11764

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Nice fire back you built there! Makes a difference, doesn't it?

So how do you like the fold up style trailer we looked at those at Cabalas some time ago????

We loved that little A-frame trailer. It was only 400lbs. empty, so the Jeep towed it with ease. Granted, it's only a bed on wheels, but you could store all your gear under the bed and tongue storage, plus you could stand up in it to change. The bed converted to a couch type setup. It was a lot of fun.
20160709_151342.jpg

20150530_092256.jpg