Repainted your Jeep? Show me your colors

I've thought about getting a wrap before. It's not permanent, inexpensive (compared to a paintjob) I've just never seen a TJ with a wrap though. Of course I wouldn't do some ugly weird color.

Reactions: KingCarGuyZ
1600708499616.jpeg

1600709121387.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice colors, Has anyone thought about a wrap? Seems like it might be nice to have a tougher coating on something that’s gonna bash through the woods.

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to have mine wrapped in olive drab.
One of the kids at work had his car wrapped in a matte gray, it looks good and has held up pretty well.

Reactions: KingCarGuyZ
I've thought about getting a wrap before. It's not permanent, inexpensive (compared to a paintjob) I've just never seen a TJ with a wrap though. Of course I wouldn't do some ugly weird color.

It can look sharp if done right. I saw this guy a while ago while I was out grocery shopping and I liked it quite a bit.

IMG_4997.jpg

I realize what I’m about to ask depends on many factors, but what is average cost to paint a Jeep? Or what have you paid? Mine has lots of trail rash from the PO. It’s not mission critical but in the next 1-2 years I’m going to want it done. I want it done well, not some 149.99$ drive in paint job. Fire away 🔥🔥🔥😂😂😂

the thing that always turns me away from the idea of a wrap it when I think about taking it off.

Reactions: psrivats
I realize what I’m about to ask depends on many factors, but what is average cost to paint a Jeep? Or what have you paid? Mine has lots of trail rash from the PO. It’s not mission critical but in the next 1-2 years I’m going to want it done. I want it done well, not some 149.99$ drive in paint job. Fire away 🔥🔥🔥😂😂😂
I would bet a good repaint will be $7500 and a full color change is approaching $10K...at least here in lower NY

Buy a gun and teach yourself. Paint will cost about 200 bucks, sandpaper is cheap, if you fuck it up, spray it again.

I like my gunmetal pearl...but, I really like desert tan, battleship grey, cobalt blue. I would be totally fine re-spraying w/ rustoleum, it's way more durable than car paint (and easier to touch up). But, my current paint has zero issues, so I'd be more likely to go cobalt blue so at least there will a degree of cohesion not having to paint the interior bits.

Would love to learn to paint...but I bet a good quality paint and clear is approaching $1000 for a full paint job?
I bet you could paint a TJ w/ a quart...There's a place out of Toledo (Ebay) I just bought a pint of my color, a pint of my kid's color, a quart of clear, and activator for like a hundred bucks. I spoke to the guys on the phone, really nice, easy to work w/. I think it's called TNT Paint and Supply, they have a website as well, family owned.
If they don't have the color code you want on the drop down on Ebay, just call them, they will add it, then you order from Ebay.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
I bet you could paint a TJ w/ a quart...There's a place out of Toledo (Ebay) I just bought a pint of my color, a pint of my kid's color, a quart of clear, and activator for like a hundred bucks. I spoke to the guys on the phone, really nice, easy to work w/. I think it's called TNT Paint and Supply, they have a website as well, family owned.
let us know how it turns out...with pics (y) Have you done paint before? I have only done a couple pieces over the years.

let us know how it turns out...with pics (y) Have you done paint before? I have only done a couple pieces over the years.
I edited the above post...like three times.
I've only sprayed one full car (and three rail buggies, but they're easy), my '69 Porsche. It came out surprisingly well considering I didn't have a paint booth.
The stuff I got from these guys I bought to do my MCE's, and my kid's Rubi needs a respray, but he will trash it anyway so really why waste the paint until full re-spray, we'll just touch it up for now :LOL:
I'm airbrushing dings on my (black) BMW right now, color is matching pretty good, but I'm selling it pretty damn cheap so I really don't care...It's not like I lived in a house for 30 years and updated the kitchen for the future owners;) Or a former employee of mine that had beach towels on the seats of his Tundra..."Dude, why you keeping the seats pristine for the next owner, while you're driving around on towels?"

I like my gunmetal pearl...but, I really like desert tan, battleship grey, cobalt blue. I would be totally fine re-spraying w/ rustoleum, it's way more durable than car paint (and easier to touch up). But, my current paint has zero issues, so I'd be more likely to go cobalt blue so at least there will a degree of cohesion not having to paint the interior bits.

I'm painting my LJ above (post #11) with Tremclad enamel which is basically Rustoleum. Rustoleum owns Tremclad and it's a bit more popular in Canada. I used the same paint on my trailer (post #16). I've been reducing it with mineral spirits and adding a small amount of hardener. Generally 3 parts paint to 1 part mineral spirits and 0.3 parts hardener. I'm doing it all outside and any trash I get in the paint, and it's been very little, is easy to wet sand out and either repaint or cut and polish.

Reactions: JMT