Replace oil pump?

Tom D

I am having my main bearing oil seal replaced. The shop suggested I have the oil pump replaced at the same time as a preventive measure. There would be no extra charge for the labor, just 150.00 for the pump.
Does this make sense?
2006 TJX 4L, 114,000? (Unsure of miles as i recently bought and I don't know how long 32" tires have been on. Speedo reads about 15% low, so I assume odometer is low).).
Thanks,
Tom

The price is right if it’s a Mopar pump. I don’t know how hard it is to replace, but if it’s difficult to get to, it may be worth investing the money since there’s no additional labor charge.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I am having my main bearing oil seal replaced. The shop suggested I have the oil pump replaced at the same time as a preventive measure. There would be no extra charge for the labor, just 150.00 for the pump.
Does this make sense?
2006 TJX 4L, 114,000? (Unsure of miles as i recently bought and I don't know how long 32" tires have been on. Speedo reads about 15% low, so I assume odometer is low).).
Thanks,
Tom

The OPDA (Oil Pump Drive Assembly) on 2005\2006 TJs should be replaced with the Crown or Dorman model. The OEM part is know to be defective and will fail and could cause major damage. I would consider this a mandatory replacement. It is recommended to re-use the OEM Sensor when you replace this part.

I *think* this would be considered the Oil Pump on your TJ, if I am mistaken add this item to the list :)