Replaced all of my interior lights with LED's today

89grand

TJ Addict
That's a nice upgrade. I really like the bright white gauge cluster, and the heater/AC controls look great too. Mine only has a passenger foot well dome light, and the sports bar dome light. I replaced them all, 5 in the dash, 3 in the HVAC controls and the two dome lights. I have another bulb for the auto shifter, but it needs some other parts before I replace that, which I found and ordered on ebay today. These are LED's so they are polarized, so if they don't work, switch them around 180 degrees. I had to do that with about 3 of them. Check this before you button it all back up to save yourself time.

I forgot to add that I used the "natural white" bulbs.

This a nice affordable upgrade, and Superbrightled's ships pretty fast. I followed this thread:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ghts-of-your-jeep-wrangler-tj-with-leds.9149/

Last edited:
I finally took a picture. It is hard to capture how good it really looks. I tried multiple times. This is the best I got.

I have the LED bulb for the passenger side foot well light, but mine didn't have one there, but the wiring harness is, so I ordered a socket from ebay today, but the drivers side and sports bar LED's look good. The linked thread says the shifter light is the same as the dome lights, but mine isn't, it's a 658. I'm just going to use a standard bulb there, as I probably wouldn't want that too bright.

1112191759_HDR.jpg

I replaced all the interior lights with LED. When I put the bulb in under the steering wheel all the lights went off and won't come back on. I thought it might have been the relay switch but its not. Any suggestions?