Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

FYI Tuck-Lites ARE in fact made in the USA. This is stated on Quadratec's website. I emailed Truck-Lite to verify this and was told they are made in Pennsylvania. For this reason alone Truck-Lite will be getting my money. As a hardworking American I choose to support companies who employ other hardworking Americans.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_8100.htm

FYI Tuck-Lites ARE in fact made in the USA. This is stated on Quadratec's website. I emailed Truck-Lite to verify this and was told they are made in Pennsylvania. For this reason alone Truck-Lite will be getting my money. As a hardworking American I choose to support companies who employ other hardworking Americans.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_8100.htm
Yeah, but the Chinese knock-offs seem to be just as good. I'm having great results with mine. I'll use the money I save to go towards another firearm purchase me thinks.

I bought these on an impulse after I bought my TJ about 15 months ago (because of this thread LOL) and because the stock headlights had to go. They were abysmal from other cars that I have owned and driven recently.

I couldn't be happier with them for what I paid. They still look new and perform great for me. I also like how they can work with the old school TJ look (i.e. no bug eyes, electric eyes, halos or fancy shit haha).

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 8.56.42 AM.png

Gents, these can be purchased for half cost through Alibaba or Alliexpress, their are identical to the $150 Amazon ones. I just picked up a pair for $70 USD. Took 4 day delivery to Canada.

Gents, these can be purchased for half cost through Alibaba or Alliexpress, their are identical to the $150 Amazon ones. I just picked up a pair for $70 USD. Took 4 day delivery to Canada.
Amazon ones are only $46.99/ea (with free Prime shipping if you have it).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019I0UBLU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I've done the Allibaba and Alliexpress thing before, but for only $20 I'd definitely go with Amazon and their partner local company that does the importing.

Reactions: Taylorschone
I bought these on an impulse after I bought my TJ about 15 months ago (because of this thread LOL) and because the stock headlights had to go. They were abysmal from other cars that I have owned and driven recently.

I couldn't be happier with them for what I paid. They still look new and perform great for me. I also like how they can work with the old school TJ look (i.e. no bug eyes, electric eyes, halos or fancy shit haha).

View attachment 107383
Those emo eyes. So many people like it and the JK guys had to one up the emo look with the angry eye grills. Really stands out on the silver body.

Loos like the LJ will have some of this too. Thanks for chime in Jerry!
:poop: I get it...Budget usually wins. Honest.
QUOTE="mrblaine, post: 382196, member: 164"]
Not one iota of which changes my level of disgust over folks stealing MY intellectual property and using it for their benefit. In fact, that high level of disgust has pretty much shut down ME developing more products that are unique and innovative.
[/QUOTE]
Sucks to see the continued pursuit of a product that is designed and built off the work of others. This link shines a light on another way to look at parading knock offs and how it effects the folks that are willing to build TJ/LJ parts. (Regardless of where they are built.)

Although it is ironic to see a signature block quote in this thread that says, "If you have a choice, buy American made."

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/some-days-you-wonder-who-the-first-asshole-was.23683/
Not a troll/attack/flame attempt, I think its informative to those who have no idea or had never thought about it from a builders perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: MallCrawlOnTons
Not a troll/attack/flame attempt, I think its informative to those who have no idea or had never thought about it from a builders perspective.

It is a good point and I am glad you put it out there. I go to great lengths to buy USA made products and I am going to think about this now. I find it hard to believe real Truck Lites are made in the USA, but maybe they are? Don't know.