Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

It is an flame attempt! Do you telling me I have no builders perspective because I decide to buy a product others have no issues with it?

FYI,
I have no idea or proof of this WHDZ headlights are Truck-Lite knockoff or not. Do you? Prove it!!
I don't know what is in his mind but I would clearly say that you have no concept of what it is like to have an original idea ripped off if you support knock-off products by the purchase and use thereof. That or you have little sense of self worth.

Last edited:
You are laying claim that genuine Truck-Lites are overpriced, correct?

What should a set of genuine Truck Lites be priced at? How did you come up with the ideal price?

Im just curious as to how one can claim a material item they have no facts on isn't priced fairly...Or are you just saying these things without facts?

I aslo understand that my opinion isnt well liked here, as I am against knock offs and advocating for genuine parts instead.
They are overpriced because that isn't how much they want to spend. Doesn't get any more simple than that.

since the first product was ever made some one was out there ripping it off and selling it. It’s always been that was if companies like truck-lites want to be profitable they must innovate to stay ahead of competition. Especially when they are charging such a premium for a made in China product. The genie out of the bottle there’s no going back. I would bet that the device you are using right now was in some form invented in USA and copied in China.
Humans have been killing each other since the beginning of time and will continue to do so until none are left. Therefore, the value of human life is lessened with each loss in that manner.

Contrary to what most people think, Mopar hardly makes any of their aftermarket parts. We were always bidding for new parts they wanted to get made. We got the contract for the JL windshield tie-down straps and other parts. We did probably 10 or more parts for the JK as well.

I don't believe those lights ever got released, but the ones they introduced in '16 or '17 were hideous!
View attachment 107762
they did use those lights. Not a fan. They look like something that belong on a spaceship haha

If the WHDZ headlights does not use the same parts as the Truck -Lite, then are not a Knocks product even they do look the same.

The question it is, How did WHDZ are able to produce a competitive headlight for less than half of the price of its competitor(s)?

You see how the things change a little with further discussion, both headlights are made outside the country, has their quality and work similar but the price difference due the brand name and the DOT label its considerable.

Are the DOT certification cost half of the price of the Truck-Lite?

Now, if we discuss lifts, armor, bumpers and such I will pay little more because I can saw they are made in USA. At least the companies make sure we notice that opening their doors to the cameras to show the hard working people on the states they operate.

Note: Mention DOT because i did not see it on the WHDZ headlights pictures.
There is no such thing as a DOT certification. The DOT publishes specifications by category for the items under their purview. If you want to manufacture those items you have to meet the specifications and it rests upon you to verify the accuracy. A Chinese company running a line of knock off products does not give one tiny little rat's ass if they actually meet the specs.

Sweet!
Yes, anyone can stamp DOT on their lights as it could have any meaning different than our DOT. But chances are the are constructed to pass the DOT inspection if they have to go true it.
No, no, is there no limit to the justifications you come up with? Just say it and get it over with. Fuck it, I don't give a shit where they are made or who buying them fucks over. Stop running around in circles trying to make it okay.

The reason for Mopar to going with JW or Truck-Lite is to back up their products overprice. That's has been pretty obvious to me since the mid 90's.

The reason the people doesn't consume this american companies products; Illogical price. They are simply overpriced and that is very Obvious.
If only.

You are saying that with facts? Or just assuming/guessing? So Mopar did not go with JW or TruckLote based off of their reliability or their build/light output quality?

You believe Mopar went with JW and TruckLite to backup overprice(?) ?

Does anyone here agree with this?

How do you know for fact they are overpriced? You stated it was obvious...
How much does it cost TruckLite to engineer a LED headlight? How much does it cost to get the DOT requirement? How much does it cost to manufacture their headlights?
Are the answers as obvious as you were quoted with saying?

All that being answered, how much does Truck Lite make on their lights? What do YOU think the price be?

Im also guessing you have not put the genuine Truck Lites next to the Chinese knock offs.
The folks that understand in general are the makers, builders, suppliers, and developers. If anyone spends the time to develop, originate, figure out production, testing, and then build in warranty costs because there will be defects, then they understand how it works. If you try to explain to the average user looking at a set of LED headlights that the molds for the first set are in the 100,000 dollar price range, they will not understand why that is important or why that 100 grand is a pittance when what it cost to get to where they can make that mold is 5-10 times more.

Starting at zero, Trucklite and JW easily have a million bucks tied up before the first pair of lights went out the door.

The folks that understand in general are the makers, builders, suppliers, and developers. If anyone spends the time to develop, originate, figure out production, testing, and then build in warranty costs because there will be defects, then they understand how it works. If you try to explain to the average user looking at a set of LED headlights that the molds for the first set are in the 100,000 dollar price range, they will not understand why that is important or why that 100 grand is a pittance when what it cost to get to where they can make that mold is 5-10 times more.

Starting at zero, Trucklite and JW easily have a million bucks tied up before the first pair of lights went out the door.
Right, I wanted the questions out there and asked to get him and others to read the questions and think about them from that aspect. I knew with certainly he is 100% unable to answer the questions, even though he did mention the genuine LED headlights are, "obviously,"overpriced...

It is very difficult to convince someone to change their mind these days...No one wants to be wrong. ❄

You believe Mopar went with JW and TruckLite to backup overprice(?) ?

Does anyone here agree with this?
I can say, for fact, that when we got the contracts with Mopar for JL parts it was solely because we were the cheapest! They said, "we want exactly this, how much can you do it for?"

Right, I wanted the questions out there and asked to get him and others to read the questions and think about them from that aspect. I knew with certainly he is 100% unable to answer the questions, even though he did mention the genuine LED headlights are, "obviously,"overpriced...

It is very difficult to convince someone to change their mind these days...No one wants to be wrong. ❄
I know that typically nothing will change. I'd just rather folks be honest about it instead of all the bullshit.

We were in a position to build a product for GM. The amount of bullshit involved was ridiculous. They wanted 6 months of inventory on the shelf. They wanted samples for evaluation, samples to install and test, then changes were to be made if needed to fit their criteria, all for free and built into the price of the predicted sales volume. They paid 90 days out after the first order. That is a buttload of cost you have to be able to handle before you collect a dime.

I can say, for fact, that when we got the contracts with Mopar for JL parts it was solely because we were the cheapest! They said, "we want exactly this, how much can you do it for?"
The key part that most will overlook in their zeal to justify things is that couple of words in your statement- we want exactly this. They know exactly what they want, how to verify it and everyone that wants to supply that will give them exactly the same part if they get the bid. Yes, you were the cheapest at supplying exactly what they wanted. Not a cheaper version, but a version that met their specs and ya'll figured out how to do that without compromising the quality and performance.

Reactions: jesseshoots
We were in a position to build a product for GM. The amount of bullshit involved was ridiculous. They wanted 6 months of inventory on the shelf. They wanted samples for evaluation, samples to install and test, then changes were to be made if needed to fit their criteria, all for free and built into the price of the predicted sales volume. They paid 90 days out after the first order. That is a buttload of cost you have to be able to handle before you collect a dime.
So true! If I had the choice to not do the OEM projects I certainly wouldn't. The paperwork and associated bs took three of us over a week to knock out.

Was Mopar looking for a specific requirement/spec to be met and your company provided the cheapest solution that met that requirement/spec? I believe there to be a slight difference. ;)

So true! If I had the choice to not do the OEM projects I certainly wouldn't. The paperwork and associated bs took three of us over a week to knock out.
All of these discussions would be a lot more refreshing if folks could just try to wrap their heads around costs and how those impact the final cost of a product going out the door. Just coming up with a system to assign part numbers, production lots, and how to track those accurately is beyond the comprehension of most.