Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

The cut off and getting flashed was my main concern. You spoke to that. Thank you! I hereby award you one internetz.
There is a kind of “bar” of light about 5-6’ feet in front of the Jeep. It was noticeable because it was new and not there before with stock’s when I first installed the LED’s, now I don’t even notice it. So much I don’t notice it I didn’t even think about it until you said “cut off”. LOL

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
I’ll bite.
They are bright. You’ll want to make sure you double check your headlight aim after install. I very rarely get flashed, and when I do it’s typically by someone with really dim lights of their own. They light up the road ahead very well, both low and high. Thing I like about them is they throw a fair amount of light to the sides as well, when it’s deer season I can see who’s on the sides as well as who’s in the road. The only complaint I’ve had, is when there was a really wet, sloppy snow event with the temps right around freezing the mess stuck to the lights, not enough heat to melt it off. To be fair however, I’ve had that kind of slop stick to stock lights before. I got Rain-X for plastic and used that the rest of the winter, but didn't have another really sloppy event to see if it made a difference. Cold, dry snow and sub zero temps was no issue.

I got mine because I drive to work usually in the dark and I was tired of not seeing deer with the stock lights. These make the deer stand out against the asphalt very well.

Install was very easy.
The type of reply I was looking for, thanks. I’m in ATL so I won’t have have the snow issues but good to hear they seem to have lasted a year + and sounds like you didn’t have any issues leveling them.

Reactions: mushdogs
The type of reply I was looking for, thanks. I’m in ATL so I won’t have have the snow issues but good to hear they seem to have lasted a year + and sounds like you didn’t have any issues leveling them.
I just did the aiming/leveling procedure as laid out in the FSM.
I just do the aiming procedures as laid out in the FSM. I’m still using the Rain-X for plastic on them. It makes any moisture bead up and stream off nicely.

I'm the creator of this thread and have been running them since then with no problems. I also don't believe I have ever been flashed because someone thought my brights were on.

Im a believer in these Amazon import lights. Almost bought the one’s that CodaMan and others have here. Instead, I went with these last year, June 2019:

LX-LIGHT 7” Black

They’ve been fantastic. Caveat is, I had slight condensation in one, once. It cleared up within hours and never returned. To boot, customer service was on point and shipped me the new beam, free, within days of reporting it. They didn’t ask for the original to be returned. Absolutely worth the less than $100 spent.

I've had mine in since March of last year, the Trucklite knockoffs that @CodaMan originally posted about.

I've never been happy about the aim on them, but that might just be because I struggled to get them aimed correctly. That one is all on me.

That being said, never been flashed or honked at, and visibility is light years (pardon the pun) better than stock. The color is also far better.

So I just picked these up and got them installed. The cut off is good and they produce great light, but I don't think I like the way they look during the day off. They just don't look right to me. I like the way stock look way better (actually the Hella e-codes but same same). Gonna run then a while and see if they grow on me. Maybe if the center divider was silver instead of black'ish......

So I just picked these up and got them installed. The cut off is good and they produce great light, but I don't think I like the way they look during the day off. They just don't look right to me. I like the way stock look way better (actually the Hella e-codes but same same). Gonna run then a while and see if they grow on me. Maybe if the center divider was silver instead of black'ish......

If you decide to ditch them, PM me. I've got the JW speaker knockoffs but to me the TJ just doesn't look right with projectors.

I put some in my 05 a couple of months ago. I also have real Truck lites in my Rubicon. I prefer the look of conventional lights as well but the light output is more important. The knock offs do not have the beam pattern of the real ones. They are however a huge improvement over stock. I am happy overall with them for the money spent.

Plastic, the only LED glass option I know of is an H4 housing and LED bulb.

Edit: maybe some projector headlights like Morimoto are glass too?

By the way knock offs are on sale for $52 shipped on ebay.

Reactions: red02tj
Awesome okay lol I bought a set on amazon for 300 something and when I got them they were plastic I thought it was odd because in the past the plastic glass is a sign it's a fake. great to have that cleared up. I can attest Trucklites are amazing. I have better lighting than newer cars when I drive down the road.

Plastic, the only LED glass option I know of is an H4 housing and LED bulb.

Edit: maybe some projector headlights like Morimoto are glass too?

By the way knock offs are on sale for $52 shipped on ebay.

Do you have a link? Closest I can find is around 65, but that's for a single light, not a pair.

Are those the same knockoffs as in this thread or a different set?
It is my opinion that these are the same headlights but it is difficult to tell with some of these Chinese products and vendors. Even from the same source things can change day-to-day. You aren't dealing with a reputable company that is going to stand by what they sell like Headlight Revolution.

I’m giving the eBay set a shot. $52 is a low enough price that there’s no real downside. I hadn’t planned on LED headlights right now, but once I put LED driving lights on, there was no way I couldn’t.

Edit:
These arrived today and took about 10 minutes to put in. Quality seems fine. I definitely need to aim them. I don’t love how they look when turned off with the chrome grill, but again, $52.

A3977FBC-A9E4-40E0-899C-67548612B897.jpeg

A83A289F-9DEF-4B8A-891C-FB8AD7758220.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m giving the eBay set a shot. $52 is a low enough price that there’s no real downside. I hadn’t planned on LED headlights right now, but once I put LED driving lights on, there was no way I couldn’t.

Edit:
These arrived today and took about 10 minutes to put in. Quality seems fine. I definitely need to aim them. I don’t love how they look when turned off with the chrome grill, but again, $52.

View attachment 186495

View attachment 186496
I’ve got. $25 eBay coupon earmarked for these assuming they haven’t melted your grille