Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

I’ve got. $25 eBay coupon earmarked for these assuming they haven’t melted your grille

They’ve been great so far, with an admittedly small sample size. Better than expected performance.

Low Beams:

7F0525AC-EBEF-41DB-A4FC-153A4B5F78F9.jpeg

High Beams:

98E68A1D-0CDD-4E50-BF4B-2B6E720F64DB.jpeg

There was a fog that night, but it’s pretty representative of what you get.

Reactions: Alex01 and red02tj
I’m giving the eBay set a shot. $52 is a low enough price that there’s no real downside. I hadn’t planned on LED headlights right now, but once I put LED driving lights on, there was no way I couldn’t.

Edit:
These arrived today and took about 10 minutes to put in. Quality seems fine. I definitely need to aim them. I don’t love how they look when turned off with the chrome grill, but again, $52.

View attachment 186495

View attachment 186496
Out of stock...any other Ebay suggestions?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Reactions: Elyse8743
What happens when you're up at almost midnight looking at the thread "what did you do to your TJ today?" Somehow you find yourself linked to this thread, spend 20 minutes reading this one, and placing an Amazon order for some new headlights. Thanks, guys, I blame you if my wife catches me ordering stuff on her Amazon account!

What happens when you're up at almost midnight looking at the thread "what did you do to your TJ today?" Somehow you find yourself linked to this thread, spend 20 minutes reading this one, and placing an Amazon order for some new headlights. Thanks, guys, I blame you if my wife catches me ordering stuff on her Amazon account!
My Amazon spending is limited ONLY because my wife is on my account too. 🤣Lmao. But she doesn't have my Ebay account! Lol. Or my Paypal or Paypal Visa!

So ya. I bought my knock off headlights on Ebay. 😁

Well, these nice-looking knock-off Truck-Lite headlights finally came in. Got them installed and will say the process was really simple. I do have a few questions.
1. When aiming these lights, what am I looking for? How far away should I be?
2. On the passenger light, the adjusting screw at the 10 o'clock position stripped. What are my options? Adjust with a pair of pliers or replace the whole headlight saddle? Anyone know where to get one at a decent price?
3. You'll see from the pictures, I've got some sort of shadow that is not lit up at the 5 o'clock position on the road.

Picture 1: Stock Set Up
Photo Feb 27, 21 52 19.jpg

Picture 2: Truck-Lite knock offs installed
Photo Feb 27, 22 37 36.jpg

Picture 3: Stock Low-beams
Photo Feb 27, 21 49 06.jpg

Picture 4: LED Low-beams
Photo Feb 27, 22 44 16.jpg

Picture 5: Stock Hi-beams
Photo Feb 27, 21 49 13.jpg

Picture 6: LED High-beams
Photo Feb 27, 22 44 23.jpg

Picture 7: LED low-beam on the road.
Photo Feb 27, 22 45 51.jpg

Picture 8: LED Low-beam at 20' from the house.
Photo Feb 27, 22 53 18.jpg

Did something silly and accidentally scratched up one of my headlights when installing. Anyone have a quick fix to get scratches out of headlights?

Can try to buff them out after very careful
Did something silly and accidentally scratched up one of my headlights when installing. Anyone have a quick fix to get scratches out of headlights?

sanding of the scratch. Maybe use something called Displex for polymer polishing. It all depends on how bad the scratch is

Can try to buff them out after very careful

sanding of the scratch. Maybe use something called Displex for polymer polishing. It all depends on how bad the scratch is
It’s just a bit of scuffing and a surface scratch. I know long term they will get scratched like everything else on my Jeep but I’d like to keep them looking sharp for as long as possible.
01D51004-F3A1-4B2C-8CA6-4745A1609337.jpeg

It’s just a bit of scuffing and a surface scratch. I know long term they will get scratched like everything else on my Jeep but I’d like to keep them looking sharp for as long as possible.
View attachment 232081
The headlight repair kits work wonders on a drill. Should polish right off.

Going back to my previous post, Displex (I just read the package) should not be used on polycarbonate.

Reactions: JM_TJ
@CodaMan You still liking the Truck-Lite knock-offs? Any issues yet? It seems you’ve been running them the longest so that’s why I ask you but anyone else running them feel free to comment how you’re liking them too.