Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

Just put these on after going for my first night ride and seeing how bad the stock lights are. These are a huge improvement and throw a lot of light, almost feels like the high beams are on. Need to aim them this weekend- hoping the adjustment screws aren’t stripped.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Really happy with mine.
L7j7r7d.jpg

Reactions: 707kevin
Buy three, you'll be making money :LOL:
Looks like I wasn't actually logged in when I checked price, 20% off for me too. Really good price for some better lights.

Reactions: Ron505
I ordered a set... coming today. The ones installed by the PO has absolutely zero projection pattern. Looked like a big MagLight shining on the wall.

Finally got around to installing the trucklite knockoffs today. As others have noted they seem to aim really high. I don't know if I'm going to have enough down adjustment to keep these from annoying oncoming drivers. Will do some more adjusting/testing after dark tonight when I can see the cutoff pattern on the road.

Finally got around to installing the trucklite knockoffs today. As others have noted they seem to aim really high. I don't know if I'm going to have enough down adjustment to keep these from annoying oncoming drivers. Will do some more adjusting/testing after dark tonight when I can see the cutoff pattern on the road.
That was the main reason I didn’t keep mine. I had them adjusted all the way down and I was still having oncoming drivers flashing their high beams at me.

• Wow
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
That was the main reason I didn’t keep mine. I had them adjusted all the way down and I was still having oncoming drivers flashing their high beams at me.
That's why I didn't click 'buy' as I heard they project the light so high you get flashed by oncoming Boeing 787's haha..

Just a thought maybe try installing them upside down :unsure: lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting
That's why I didn't click 'buy' as I heard they project the light so high you get flashed by oncoming Boeing 787's haha..

Just a though maybe try installing them upside down :unsure: lol
I just swapped out for Hella H4s. Didn’t care for the bright white look of LEDs on the TJ.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I just swapped out for Hella H4s. Didn’t care for the bright white look of LEDs on the TJ.
Exactly what I did...I got my local Auto sparky guy to re-jig the wiring to give me very bright lights using stock lights and housing. No Idea what he did but he said he does the same on the original Mini's to get more light out of the stock lights.

That's funny because I'm swapping out Hella H4s. I just couldn't get a decent pattern with them using several different bulbs. The pattern is always a 'V' shape, not a nice clean cutoff line. Tired of messing with them. I"ll try these knockoffs. They do have a nice flat cutoff line, unlike my Hellas.

Has anyone modified their 'buckets' to get the adjustments to go lower? I haven't had the new knockoffs out after dark yet to see the pattern on the road.

Just took it out in the dark to test/adjust the new lights. I finally have a decent cutoff with these. I was able to adjust them to a decent pattern on the road but it took nearly all of the down adjustment to keep the pattern on the road and not in the air. Still have some fine tweaking to get it just right. Overall, I like them much better than the Hella's they are replacing.

Last edited: