Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

I have a set of the knock offs for sale if anybody wants or needs them, make offer. also have an original am/fm jeep cd radio too.
Cleaning out, headlights were used about a week and jeep died. Goin different route next time. Headlights are still in original box.

tj light.jpg
tj light plains.jpg
tj lights sand pit.jpg

The stars must have been in alignment because I wasnt planning on buying headlights anytime soon. I was deciding between the "real" Trucklites and some KC halogens, but then this thread popped up the other day. I'm glad people haven't been having much trouble with these, I snagged them on sale (76$ on amazon)! Worst comes to worst I can always toss these if I don't like them and not take a huge loss.

I have heard that some cheap quality LEDs will mess up your CB radio and cause lots of static. They barely and I mean barely mess with my CB radio. These things are great!
IMG_1232.jpg

Man... Admittedly, those things look (and shine) exactly like my real Truck Lites I paid $320 for.

Can't argue with the price either, not one bit. Thanks for posting this thread. I've long been looking for a review from someone who is running them. It sounds like a purchase that was well worth it.
Hey Chris. I have a set of the knock offs still in the box that I had on my TJ for a few days before I had to let it go. I’m still looking for another one but no luck. Right now prices around here are through the roof. If anyone wants these I’ll let them go cheap.

D6DAAE09-D830-4A60-B415-182A1291C526.jpeg

E2D4EE39-AEA8-4FDB-AC6F-469CA46AEDDA.jpeg

A93FBAF5-D1AE-4BA5-8161-9A618AE288D7.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Has anyone noticed the hot spot high and outside, about ten feet in front of the jeep? I see we all have the hot spot right in front on the road, but when I pass under trees I see the same hot spot lighting up the bottom of the overhead trees. Not an issue in any way.. just curious if others see the same..

I am very happy with these. They replaced a really sad pair of [even cheaper] LEDs. I just ordered another set for my daughters '06 Liberty.

Has anyone noticed the hot spot high and outside, about ten feet in front of the jeep? I see we all have the hot spot right in front on the road, but when I pass under trees I see the same hot spot lighting up the bottom of the overhead trees. Not an issue in any way.. just curious if others see the same..

I am very happy with these. They replaced a really sad pair of [even cheaper] LEDs. I just ordered another set for my daughters '06 Liberty.
I've noticed it but I prefer this pattern to the Hella H4s I replace with these. Anyone want to buy a set of slightly used (like new) Hella H4s with an extra set of Philips X-treme Vision bulbs with less than 5 hours on them?

I finally had one fail, the pigtail wires broke from the solder joints internally. This failure could have happened with any light, can’t fault these particular ones for it. Still like them enough I’m replacing it with the same.

353F03C5-BB62-4EE5-BEF2-D9445EFE60D8.jpeg

Has anyone had problems with the Truck-Lite knock-offs icing up in winter? Saw the post about the Toyota H4 kit and it one thing that dawned on me was that LED’s might not put out enough heat for winters on the Canadian prairies.

I looked at the heated Truck Lites, almost $1000 Canadian by the time everything is paid. No thanks,
Ya that’s why I’m looking at either the knock offs or an H4 conversion if the LED’s are gonna have icing issues in winter for me. Spending $1k on headlights is just way too much in my opinion.

New TJ owner and this thread couldn’t have come at a better time. Frank I could buy yours if you want, PM me a price delivered to San Diego.

I used the knock-offs for JW speaker headlights. They are the same headlights that Harley Davidson uses for their touring models. same exact plugs, same everything as the TJ's. I picked up a set from my job, and have been running them for over two years now. You can get really good headlights if you search under Harley 7" and not for jeep. 1/6 the price.

Though I’m going to play with bulb selection, I expect I won’t be going back to the LEDs. I bought them in July and the return window is closed. If any one wants them shoot me a PM.

Had this knockoffs, rode around for 3 days and ruturned them. Shine is bright and spread of light on this is a bit much, never seen so many pissed off eyes balls starring at me back through side mirror.