Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

@Kiwi TJ, I always wondered about this ... isn't it worth it for you to find someone here from the U.S. that will ship parts to you guys or would the shipping costs be too prohibitive?
I think finding somebody could be the answer, never really thought of that idea.:thinking:....I have a feeling that these lights are set up for left hand drive not right hand drive...(I'd be blinding oncoming cars, that's why they wont sell them to us down here)

Reactions: StG58
It's the subtleties that get ya, isn't it?
I think finding somebody could be the answer, never really thought of that idea.:thinking:....I have a feeling that these lights are set up for left hand drive not right hand drive...(I'd be blinding oncoming cars, that's why they wont sell them to us down here)
Maybe something simular is available elsewhere where they drive on the left?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ

Hmmmmm. @Kiwi TJ, here, at 25' we point ours up a couple inches below center and then a couple inches to the right. Is there not enough adjustment to point them a couple inches to the left?

Last edited:
I don't understand the issues with regular lights. Mine look ok I think. What am I missing?

Low beams
cfa8993a8ec5107a4da011fb6c7b89b8.jpg

High beams
a244f4dd477533db13e2049380de4503.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TJ Starting
Hmmmmm. @Kiwi TJ, here, at 25' we set ours up a couple inches below center and then a couple inches to the right. Is there not enough adjustment to set them a couple inches to the left?
The light pattern is off. Headlights throw more light up and to the right to illuminate roadside features in countries that drive on the right side of the road. The reverse is true in countries that drive on the left side.
Example:
download.jpg

These are Hella's, but the same principle applies to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Mike_H
I don't understand the issues with regular lights. Mine look ok I think. What am I missing?

Low beams
View attachment 19782
High beams
View attachment 19783

I thought the same thing until I saw the difference first hand. You just have such a brighter light, a whiter light and a lot more peripheral light, in fact, I'll be removing my aux lighting since it's no longer needed.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and StG58
I thought the same thing until I saw the difference first hand. You just have such a brighter light, a whiter light and a lot more peripheral light, in fact, I'll be removing my aux lighting since it's no longer needed.

Well I will for sure look into an upgrade down the road

If we drive on the "right" side of the road, does that mean that they drive on the "wrong" side of the road?

If we drive on the "right" side of the road, does that mean that they drive on the "wrong" side of the road?

No, it means we aren't very chivalrous...

Thanks guys I was waiting for all these comments to start coming out hahaha...I do save on footpegs though :p

Reactions: CodaMan and StG58
Thank you CodaMan, I received them today and they're installed. It probably took longer to get the packaging opened and the lights out than it did to install them.

The only tool you need is this, a T-15 torx with a long skinny shaft on it to reach the screws. No other tools are needed.

20170803_143538_resized.jpg

As CodaMan said, they're literally plug and play.

20170803_135857_resized.jpg

There are 3 screws that hold the bezel in, remove them. Once the bezel is gone, look for the four standard screws with the T-15 heads on them that hold the below ring on which is what holds the headlight in place. The part you don't want to mess up are to remove only those four T-15 screws. There are several headlight aiming adjustment screws that are also in there that you don't want to accidentally unscrew. If you don't touch the adjustment screws, the new LED headlights should be aimed very close if not right on once you get them screwed into place. I'll see how close mine are tonight once it gets dark.

I cannot believe that just this past Saturday I was hanging all over a friend's TJ drooling over her new LED headlights not dreaming I'd have my own anytime soon. :D

20170803_140259_resized.jpg

20170803_142859_resized.jpg

20170803_142757_resized.jpg

Last edited:

@Kiwi TJ, if you ever need something purchased from the states and shipped to you, let me know and we'll see if the $$$ actually work out. I'm up to try about anything :)

Wow thanks @CodaMan really appreciate that :thumbup:...I'm thinking about emailing the seller about the these Trucklites knockoffs and asking about which way the beam goes (left or right) and if he can source some that would work over here.

Sometimes I hate you guys a little bit. I just ordered these lights and now I need to explain why to my long suffering wife.

Do what I do ... tell her the package that arrived at the door is for her and is a future surprise ... then hope she forgets about it :)

Last edited: