Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

I got my WHDZ LED headlights installed today. Bought them because the pics in the thread looked promising. However.... what the heck is with this weird pattern? Do you guys who run the same headlights have the same pattern?

led_pattern.png

My friend said it looks like a huge cyclops eye lol

I wish I could tell you that I knew what the stock halogen pattern looks like. But Im not sure. I'm guessing it doesn't cut off like that and it's a little more 'feathered.' Going to pull up to a similar area and compare for myself. After all, I've got these on my 'will buy' Amazon list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my WHDZ LED headlights installed today. Bought them because the pics in the thread looked promising. However.... what the heck is with this weird pattern? Do you guys who run the same headlights have the same pattern?

View attachment 20508

I do not, however, I think it's just an adjustment issue with how the 2 lights are intersecting. LED lights are just more noticeable because of the amount of light thrown.

Reactions: Kevin E
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.

View attachment 20508

The Truck Lites have something similar, but not nearly as pronounced. Hardly noticeable after you drive with them for a while.

I guess this wouldn't really be that bad (or noticeable) unless you were parked against a flat surface like this where you could see it. A lot of the LED lights have 'different' light output patterns, I've noticed this.

One thing is for sure though, they're ALL brighter than the stock headlights.

View attachment 20508

yes i have that weird pattern. why i was going to return them

That's what I thought you gentlemen where referring to. That wouldn't bother me, as long as I can clearly see ahead.

Last night I noted that my Sylvania halogens made some spotty patterns up against my garage door. Yet for halogens, they're pretty damn good when it comes to spread. The patterns they throw don't effect my view. Im actually more concerned about how the oval shape projects down the road against oncoming objects. I might have to just give these a shot. End of day, everyone's eyes vary so what they prefer to see when driving is subjective. Some like more spread, some want a perfect pattern, others want distant view-ability. Which I guess translates the same: we all want to be able to see better.

Reactions: BigWheel88
Well mine are is more pronounced than that, on low beam creating sort of a large "V" where there is space in the direct center not lit up. Hard to describe. But I have some spots that fill in that area if really need it. Anyway as mentioned by many before, they are still much brighter and useful light than the stock give you. High beams light up a huge amount of area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I think this is is the "v" you're talking about. I just bought TruckLites and installed them the other day.
2f8162ac1d3ca09bac363c487dcce322.jpg

I adjusted the right bulb to match better to the left but I still have to take it out and adjust them properly. Still much brighter on the road than stock. Overall I'm happy. I worried that if I bought knockoffs I would be unhappy and think every little thing I didn't like was because I went cheap. So, I bit that big bullet.

I think this is is the "v" you're talking about. I just bought TruckLites and installed them the other day.
View attachment 20900
I adjusted the right bulb to match better to the left but I still have to take it out and adjust them properly. Still much brighter on the road than stock. Overall I'm happy. I worried that if I bought knockoffs I would be unhappy and think every little thing I didn't like was because I went cheap. So, I bit that big bullet.

I've had my TruckLites for a few months and love them. Once you get the proper adjustment, you'll like them even more. I have the same "V" going, but got used the them very quickly. Sometimes, when the car in front of me is driven by an idiot, I pretend they are gun sights .... :) :) :)

Has anyone switched to LED blinkers and running lights?
I've got LED brake and reverse lights and now headlights figured I would switch these too.
Seems like I need a few 3157 amber LED bulbs and either a new flasher or to modify the stock flasher.
My rear hazards go nuts since the previous owner didn't do anything to the stock flasher.

View attachment 20900

That pattern looks WAY too shallow for driving at speed...You've barely got 30 feet in front of you well lit. I think you need a proper adjustment. Go to www.danielsternlighting.com for a "how To" guide.

That pattern looks WAY too shallow for driving at speed...You've barely got 30 feet in front of you well lit. I think you need a proper adjustment. Go to www.danielsternlighting.com for a "how To" guide.

I'm parked in my driveway and the Jeep is pointing downhill. That's why it's not flat cat.
2296bfb42a3bcc6dfd6f2423a16e3788.jpg

This is what it looks like when I'm driving. A little less blurry of course. :)

That's low beam.
28c8c9b1c6d5c039e025cf583bb3d3b1.jpg

This is high. But probably not the best shot as I'm coming into a corner. A lot of our roads are unlit when you leave the city itself. This road is like three minutes from our house. It's why I wanted better lights.

That's low beam.
View attachment 20913
This is high. But probably not the best shot as I'm coming into a corner. A lot of our roads are unlit when you leave the city itself. This road is like three minutes from our house. It's why I wanted better lights.

I can see why you need great lights...it looks pitch black out there.....massive improvement

I'd really like to see the Trucklites side by side w one of the cheaper random brands. I've had my sites on GE NIGHTHAWKS for a while and have been thinking of using my "Prime benefits" to do a real world shootout between these two:

GE NIGHTHAWK LED 7" Round LED Replacement Headlamp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQX2BT8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

AND

WHDZ 7 Inch Round Led Headlight for Jeep Wrangler CJ JK TJ Motorcycle Offroad Vehicles (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018JKIUF4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

GE has great customer service. They even returned my call when I was inquiring about their Nighthawks.

View attachment 20508

Just got these today and they do not fit my 2003 tj. Not sure why they seem to fit all other tjs