Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

Bought some about a month ago when I found out these could be had for $99/pair. I always liked how the Trucklites looked dark when not on.
So far so good. The light output is so much better than my old H4 conversions they replaced. Especially the high beams, which were basically worthless with the previous lights.

20180911_183305_zps1qprfol6.jpg

303f7fb6-5f94-46e2-aa9a-6ca0c721fd22_zpsqyuribcg.jpg

Reactions: mikespine
So do these lights have a DRL function that comes on? Or are they all non drl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The WHDZs on Amazon do not have a drl design. If your Canadian TJ supports drl on the regular H4 plug, the driving light will come on when the vehicle is running - just like the sealed beams.

The WHDZs on Amazon do not have a drl design. If your Canadian TJ supports drl on the regular H4 plug, the driving light will come on when the vehicle is running - just like the sealed beams.

I don’t understand..

Yes my vehicle has drl currently the stock beams come on once the Jeep moves a few feet.

So your saying it will work or will not with the led lights?

Just installed these. Is it just me or do they stick out further than than stock headlights? I can’t screw one of the three bezels screws in because the headlight blocks the hole. I used the ring off the old headlight to secure the headlight in place so I know it’s in their snug.

Just installed these. Is it just me or do they stick out further than than stock headlights? I can’t screw one of the three bezels screws in because the headlight blocks the hole. I used the ring off the old headlight to secure the headlight in place so I know it’s in their snug.
One of my bezel screws was a bit harder to screw in after installing my LED headlights but it wasn't insurmountable, I eventually got it in all the way with an extra minute's effort.

Hey guys, I just read the entire thread.

Does anyone have any real cutoff shots. 20-25 feet away on level ground? Brightness is great, but beam pattern and hotspots is what makes the light worthwhile.
I drive a significant amount of time at night, so lighting is a priority for me.

I love the style of these lights, they look close to stock, which is my goal. If they are actually close to a Trucklite clone, then I'd be more than happy to purchase them.

I attached a photo of my old HID projector retrofit cutoff from level ground at ~25'. It was absolutely glorious. Perfect wide even light across. But, I spent almost $500 building them.

IMAG0273.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
After all the good reviews here, I bought some for my wife's TJ. We like them so much, I just ordered a pair for my LJ. Way better than stock headlights and also better than my wife's old Hella H4 conversion headlights.

Reactions: Alex01
Has anyone else noticed how the whiter LED headlights seem to not work as great in the rain?

I love everything about my LED’s (especially how they seem to make road signs glow- great for me since my vision isn’t up to par), but I’ve been considering getting some amber colored aux lights to use in the rain because the pavement seems to just not light up as well.

Reactions: alittleoff