Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

I wonder if Mahindras were street legal in the U.S. people would buy those instead also..."I wanted a removable top 4x4, but didn't want to spend what they're charging for a real Jeep..."
If they were street legal they wouldn't be much lower in price.

I've never had a vehicle with LED's. But I constantly see vehicles with lights that are too bright. Or not properly adjusted. I'm not sure.

Do you get any high beam flash backs from people while driving at night?

I really want a set of these. Already on my list.

Completed my install. With black bezels.

20190106_174903.jpg

Completed my install. With black bezels.
That looks great! I've added these to my "to buy" list now. :) I wonder if I should keep my chrome bezels or go black with these headlights... I do have silver Canyon wheels so I know the chrome doesn't look too out of place right now.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
i bought a similar pair from ebay. But they dont have a parking/accessory light. Did anyone else run into this issue? if so any solution to it?
I'm not sure I understand the question since the stock headlights and the most of the LED replacement headlights being discussed here are separate from the parking lights. I have the WHDZ's from Amazon. They are plug and play with the stock headlight harness and have no connection to the parking lights. That said, If you have a fancy LED headlight that has a parking light within its enclosure, then it would have to be wired into the parking lights harness somehow so they would receive power when the parking lights are turned on without the headlights.

I'm not sure I understand the question since the stock headlights and the most of the LED replacement headlights being discussed here are separate from the parking lights. I have the WHDZ's from Amazon. They are plug and play with the stock headlight harness and have no connection to the parking lights. That said, If you have a fancy LED headlight that has a parking light within its enclosure, then it would have to be wired into the parking lights harness somehow so they would receive power when the parking lights are turned on without the headlights.

I was wondering what people did for the separate parking light, did they just leave the sockets empty or wired in some new parking lights?

I was wondering what people did for the separate parking light, did they just leave the sockets empty or wired in some new parking lights?
I just left the stock parking lights in their normal spot. Some folks buy new LED parking lights or install LED bulbs in the stock parking lights. I'll probably do the latter at some point. Same goes for the tail lights as well. I know the front side fender parking/flasher lights are the trickiest to get working with LED bulbs. There are some good write-ups on this and you will often need a different flasher relay to accomplish upgrading to LED's, depending on what you buy, to avoid the "hyperflash".

Only if you buy LED headlights that have a parking light within would you need to worry about the parking lights to install the headlights. Hope this makes sense!

I've never had a vehicle with LED's. But I constantly see vehicles with lights that are too bright. Or not properly adjusted. I'm not sure.

Do you get any high beam flash backs from people while driving at night?
I don't with the knockoffs I installed. Proper aiming is the key for most of them, though I understand some LED lights don't have a good sharp cut-off on top. The knockoffs I installed have a well-designed sharp cut-off on top which is why I don't get people flashing their brights at me.

I don't with the knockoffs I installed. Proper aiming is the key for most of them, though I understand some LED lights don't have a good sharp cut-off on top. The knockoffs I installed have a well-designed sharp cut-off on top which is why I don't get people flashing their brights at me.

Which knock offs do you have Jerry
Thanks

Mine will be here tomorrow.

Reactions: Tray Burge
I just got a set today and ran down the side street first car I saw flashed me. I know I need to lower them. And have, still on the fence about the whdz 7”