Replaced Headlights with Truck-Lite Knockoffs

CodaMan

California Escapee
Supporting Member
I know most of us want to buy Made in America, but these KNOCK-OFFS were less than 1/3 the price of the Truck-Lites so I thought I would give them a try ... WOW! what a difference over stock.

They still need adjusting, but I thought I would post pics anyway.

Here are the stock headlights before the switch (low beam)

IMG_20170731_205335094_smaller.jpg

New headlights (low beam)

IMG_20170731_211758646_smaller.jpg

New headlights (high beam)

IMG_20170731_211812671_smaller.jpg

and the look installed

IMG_20170731_212047016_smaller.jpg

Last edited:
The high beams are more like spot lights, but that is fine with me considering how much flood the low beams seem to be. I'll most more pics after I get them all dialed in, hopefully tomorrow night.

Thanks that is tempting! What's the light color look like? Some have a blue tint due a high Kelvin rating, I definitely don't want a blue cast to the light as seen by oncoming drivers. I see they have a 5600 Kelvin rating which indicates they're approaching a bluish tint. How does the color look from the front from a good distance away? White or bluish?

Man... Admittedly, those things look (and shine) exactly like my real Truck Lites I paid $320 for.

Can't argue with the price either, not one bit. Thanks for posting this thread. I've long been looking for a review from someone who is running them. It sounds like a purchase that was well worth it.

Thanks that is tempting! What's the light color look like? Some have a blue tint due a high Kelvin rating, I definitely don't want a blue cast to the light as seen by oncoming drivers. I see they have a 5600 Kelvin rating which indicates they're approaching a bluish tint. How does the color look from the front from a good distance away? White or bluish?

@Jerry Bransford, I'll take a good look at them tonight when I go out and adjust them. My initial response is that they are white, but I will confirm.

Nice. I think I will pick up a set of those. The stock headlights are pathetic.

What is the 'anti-flicker harness' a couple of the reviewers referred to?

The stock headlights are pathetic.

That's an understatement.

What is the 'anti-flicker harness' a couple of the reviewers referred to?

From what I gathered, the anti-flicker harness may be required on the JK. Granted, I only had mine on for 30 minutes or so, but I didn't see any issues. When I take it out tonight to adjust the angles I'll get a better idea of how they work along with the color.

I've read Chris' write up on the LED lights posted around here somewhere. Is popular opinion still that all these are just mass produced in the same factory in China. Would love a set of Trucklites, but if these $99 ones are identical, kinda hard to pass up to get some decent lighting.

Reactions: jringwolski
Guys, I posted this in the aux light thread this morning, but figure this is a better place to ask....

What color are those Truck Lite headlights? Are the pure white? Those look great, but I want a stockish look...in other words, I don't want my headlights looking like a modded civic with 6000K+ HID/LED with a blue or purple hue...

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
The Amazon writeup lists them as color 5600k.

Googled up this description of light colors "Outdoor light, usually referred to as daylight, ranges from 4500K to 6200K with the average being 5600K. However, on clear blue days, the color temperature could be as high as 12,000K. Indoor lighting, such as incandescent light, usually lies in the 2800K to 3400K range with the average being 3200K."

Reactions: N757KF and DrDmoney
I've read Chris' write up on the LED lights posted around here somewhere. Is popular opinion still that all these are just mass produced in the same factory in China. Would love a set of Trucklites, but if these $99 ones are identical, kinda hard to pass up to get some decent lighting.
Would not surprise me if they were the same. A bit like those $211 bumpers that are all over amazon with different brand names.

Last edited:
The Amazon writeup lists them as color 5600k...

I don't think 5600k will have a noticable blue tint to them, but I'll get a better idea of that tonight.

@Chris, your Truck-lites, do they have a blue tint to them at night? I think the Truck-Lites are also around 5600K but I have not verified that yet.

I don't think 5600k will have a noticable blue tint to them, but I'll get a better idea of that tonight.

@Chris, your Truck-lites, do they have a blue tint to them at night? I think the Truck-Lites are also around 5600K but I have not verified that yet.

This is right from the Truck-Lite website, there is no indication on the K rating other than this..

"Provides a brighter, crisper and whiter light output, closer to the color temperature of daylight, dramatically improving light projection distance and overall visibility."