Replaced my Pads and Rotors

I just read through this entire thread and had a very good laugh.
I found this almost as entertaining as the "Blaines an Asshole" or "Savvy customer service" threads.

BTW I'll be removing my big brake kit and installing powerslot pads and rotors all around. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
I found this almost as entertaining as the "Blaines an Asshole" or "Savvy customer service" threads.

BTW I'll be removing my big brake kit and installing a powerslot pads and rotors all around. Thanks for the tip.
Then stuff 38s on a stock Rubicon!

• Haha
Reactions: D M and John Cooper
Excessive heat and or heat and quick cooling will cause rotors to hot spot or warp.

Drilled and slotted rotors help greatly.

You've contradicted yourself.

Brakes convert kinetic energy into heat...plain and simple. A rotor is a heat sink.

For a given braking event, X amount of energy will be converted into X amount of heat. If we put that amount of energy into a plain rotor with greater mass and also as slotted/drilled rotor with less mass, which rotor will be hotter at the end of the event? Answer: the drilled and slotted rotor

Due to the added surface area (not friction surface area), which rotor will cool faster? Answer: The drilled and slotted one

Thermal shock (high rates of heating and cooling) kills cast iron brake rotors.

There are a few cases where the upsides outweigh the downsides, but not on the street and not on a Jeep.

no one knows
I Googled it like Jerry B suggested. Too far for me to drive. Sounds like a fun time though. :unsure:

Moab is the name of an ancient Levantine kingdom whose territory is today located in the modern state of Jordan. The land is mountainous and lies alongside much of the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. The existence of the Kingdom of Moab is attested to by numerous archaeological findings, most notably the Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel

Reactions: John Cooper
Too long of a drive in me in my TJ.
I drove mine from Va to Marathon Key in Fl. 18 hours breaking every speed limit law and only stopping for gas. 80 mph+ in a lifted TJ with a wife (ex wife now) and 5 year old kid sleeping most of the way, was a blast for me. Not so much for them when they woke up. They slept through many states. They awoke during my state of insanity. It still continues years later. 😇

I drove mine from Va to Marathon Key in Fl. 18 hours breaking every speed limit law and only stopping for gas. 80 mph+ in a lifted TJ with a wife (ex wife now) and 5 year old kid sleeping most of the way, was a blast for me. Not so much for them when they woke up. They slept through many states. They awoke during my state of insanity. It still continues years later. 😇
I would have to add cruise control to mine before going in a trip like that.

BTW I'll be removing my big brake kit and installing powerslot pads and rotors all around. Thanks for the tip.
Tell you what...I HAVE slotted and drilled rotors (same ones that OP posted). I'll do ya a solid, and trade you straight up for that big brake kit. It has the fancy red calipers and everything. I'll even pay for shipping, both ways. Why would I do this? I'm just a nice guy. Your safety is that important to me. I'll get rid of that BBK for you. won't even have to worry about it.