Replaced my Pads and Rotors

The people on here stating that drilled and slotted rotors are not good or not as good as regular rotors is just their opinion... My opinion of them having used them dozens of times and having noticed better braking on all of them is mine.

I have read positive and negative reviews on this and it is what I choose to use and will continue until I feel otherwise.
And again, my facts learned and paid for are not opinion. You have an opinion with no facts other than you "feel" they work better with exactly zero data other than some bullshit review crap. I explained it and if you can come up with a way to quantify your experience, I can easily prove to you that I can absolutely smoke whatever it is you're running with a smooth face rotor.

And again, my facts learned and paid for are not opinion. You have an opinion with no facts other than you "feel" they work better with exactly zero data other than some bullshit review crap. I explained it and if you can come up with a way to quantify your experience, I can easily prove to you that I can absolutely smoke whatever it is you're running with a smooth face rotor.
I choose to believe the opinions and testing of other people who say they're better... Just get over it!

Sub'd. waiting for testimonials of the caravan, taurus, kia, and cherokee grocery getters who really put their slotted rotors through the paces. Maybe they'll sway me from the data provided by the guy who is responsible for me locking up my 35s whenever i feel like it, with flat rotors no less...

IMG_20211202_202914.gif

I choose to believe the opinions and testing of other people who say they're better... Just get over it!

Confirmation bias is a real thing. We are not trying to piss you off or blasting your choices for fun; instead we are just trying to be helpful and help you to look at things rationally. @mrblaine is THE expert when it comes to brakes for our TJs and he has has shared very good information in this thread already. If you simply pause to listen and take a few minutes to think and understand what is being said, you will go a very long way in making your jeep's brakes as best as they can be.

Sub'd. waiting for testimonials of the caravan, taurus, kia, and cherokee grocery getters who really put their slotted rotors through the paces. Maybe they'll sway me from the data provided by the guy who is responsible for me locking up my 35s whenever i feel like it, with flat rotors no less...
My good friend put slotted and cross drilled rotors on his Honda Odyssey minivan. According to him it made a “huge difference” 😆

My good friend put slotted and cross drilled rotors on his Honda Odyssey minivan. According to him it made a “huge difference” 😆
you'd think for what i paid for my new truck (rated for 36k lbs on gooseneck) they could have taken the time to drill some fuckin holes in the rotors. stopping is important too... Ill just have to do it my damn self...

What an odd hill to die on
that's what the paramedics said.
Nah...OEM don't know shit. It takes the aftermarket to really fix all the problems with factory cars and trucks. 🙄🙄
its not like the big 3 compete for published performance specs to include stopping distance in a desperate attempt to sway buyers and for some reason none of them use drilled rotors.

who is DODG??? who is FOR??? who is CHEV???

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pc1p
Confirmation bias is a real thing. We are not trying to piss you off or blasting your choices for fun; instead we are just trying to be helpful and help you to look at things rationally. @mrblaine is THE expert when it comes to brakes for our TJs and he has has shared very good information in this thread already. If you simply pause to listen and take a few minutes to think and understand what is being said, you will go a very long way in making your jeep's brakes as best as they can be.
I have listened and read about him and his information and I still believe other people's opinions, research and facts that disagree with his... He is not the only professional with brakes... He has his research and opinions and so do a lot of others. I'm not saying he's wrong or right... I just believe in other people's opinion and research about brakes.

It's like the President... Some people think Biden is great, some people think Trump is great... It's all what you think and believe...

Everyone knows that Trump was great and Biden is a moron!!! And the Dems manipulated the voting system and made Trump lose.

I have listened and read about him and his information and I still believe other people's opinions, research and facts that disagree with his... He is not the only professional with brakes... He has his research and opinions and so do a lot of others. I'm not saying he's wrong or right... I just believe in other people's opinion and research about brakes.
Whatever may have happened is fully out the window. I don't deal with liars. You can NOT say that I am not right or wrong and then say I'm wrong. It just doesn't work that way.

Those are only your opinions... I believe they are better and have never had any issues with them in any car I've put them on.

This is only the third Jeep I've used them and installed them on dozens of cars. In my opinion, they simple work better.

I still see them used on many performance cars out there also and until I find and see proof otherwise, I will continue to recommend them.
"I believe"... two dangerous words when shoved together.

It's like the President... Some people think Biden is great, some people think Trump is great... It's all what you think and believe...

Everyone knows that Trump was great and Biden is a moron!!! And the Dems manipulated the voting system and made Trump lose.

All right, I tried. Good luck with your Jeep.

Drilled and slotted rotors can help in racing conditions that get the rotors red hot, they can also help with off-gassing from the pads.

But in a Jeep used offroad and around town? Not at all. In fact the slots and drilled holes reduce the surface (swept) area of the rotors giving less for the pads to grab. That can make them brake worse not better.
Yep,you get a bit of sand or a rock in the slots and your new rotor is shot right now.