Replacement bolts for front UCA axle side

Mike Z

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey there,
I am looking to replace the front upper control arm axle side stock bolts that have the small flag attached to the head of the bolt. It looks to me that I should replace the stock bolts with grade 8 flange bolts. Let me know if I am on the right track and if anyone can recommend the appropriate size. Thanks.

Hey there,
I am looking to replace the front upper control arm axle side stock bolts that have the small flag attached to the head of the bolt. It looks to me that I should replace the stock bolts with grade 8 flange bolts. Let me know if I am on the right track and if anyone can recommend the appropriate size. Thanks.

I'm sad.

Well in that case, I would love two bolts to replace the UCA axle bolts with the flags. I didn't ruin the stock ones, but they were tricky to torque to spec after installing new OEM control arms. I had to wedge a flathead under the flag to get it to stop spinning.

This is my kid's jeep and I thought that before he moves out of the state, it would be nice to get rid of those stock ones and replace them with some without the flags.

I would be happy to pay for the bolts that you would recommend and for shipping.

You could use regular bolts without a flag but oem hardware is nicer. They aren't really designed to be removed easily though. Priority is on one-time, quick installation and holding the required torque.

You could use regular bolts without a flag but oem hardware is nicer. They aren't really designed to be removed easily though. Priority is on one-time, quick installation and holding the required torque.

I'm with you. The front upper control arm rear bolts are fine with me with the large flag nuts. The uppers with the front bolts with the tiny flag on the head of the bolt is what I want to do away with.

Blaine is sending some my way. If I am quoting him correctly, he said he routinely gets rid of the UCA front bolts with the tiny flag and swaps in bolts that are used in the rear of the UCA. You can reuse the nut from the front.

Reactions: Woodrow
Blaine is sending some my way. If I am quoting him correctly, he said he routinely gets rid of the UCA front bolts with the tiny flag and swaps in bolts that are used in the rear of the UCA. You can reuse the nut from the front.
Correct and they are pulled and on the bench to go out on Monday.

• USA Proud
Reactions: CharlesHS