Replacement driver side seat cushion?

TJOregon

Supporting Member
I want to jeep the stock seats and covers. However, the cushion (and maybe springs) are shot.

Is there a source out there for a new cushion that will fit the factory seat?

Many thanks.

I’ve looked all over and cannot find any. If you want to keep the oem seats try buying some take offs outta another Jeep and swapping the passenger cushion out. I quit trying and bought aftermarket seats. Bestop which a lot of folks frown on here but I love them.

I looked for a couple years and then just ended up throwing away my stock seats. If you really want to keep them a good upholstery shop will be able to cut some new foam. It will not be cheap. I never found the stock seats to be that comfortable anyway. I'm much happier with the junkyard seats I installed

Reactions: TJOregon
I have a similar issue, my front driver seat has lost cushion and maybe springs. Did find some seats one eBay, but not sure how good those would be. As I have a set of quadratec cloth seat covers that I like (started to see wear on my seats so wanted to save stock seats before got holes), I ended up buying a best top seat that looks similar like it has dimensions and I’m hoping the seat cover fits and in the end looks about the same…otherwise expensive aftermarket seats are in my future.

In the next few weeks will be completing that swap and hope my back won’t hurt anymore! Would like to hear what you go with.

I want to jeep the stock seats and covers. However, the cushion (and maybe springs) are shot.

Is there a source out there for a new cushion that will fit the factory seat?

Many thanks.

Go to a upholstery shop and have them redo the cushions. I can recommend a couple places in the Beaverton area.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Really? Maybe I should have checked with someone first, that’s not as bad as I thought…
It varies greatly from shop to shop though. Other, larger places wanted more than new seats. I used a small mom & pop auto only upholstery place and they did excellent work. They did my XJ headliner and visors for $150. They looked and matched the color perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian.souhan
Dormans makes replacement seat cushions for numerous vehicles, except out TJ's I actually inquired with them, and they told me there was not enough demand.
I repaired my driver's seat cushion with some high density foam.

Sub'd. My drivers seat is starting to get worn down. I believe there is a thread in here somewhere that has several people installing different vehicle seating, from junkyards I think.

We’re just wrapping up having the TJ seats restored/reupholstered and custom fit - picking them up today.

The 3rd generation brothers who are the shop searched for replacement formed foam and found zilch. They do a shit-ton of restoration work and seem to know all there is to know about sourcing fabric and foam. (They showed me pics of a 73 Bronco and 52 Merc that made me wish I had more spare time).

Anyway, they rebuilt the foam on the driver’s side seat ‘cause the OEM foam was totally shot. The passenger side was still workable and they added some layers of varying density foam in various places to suit my wife’s finely tuned sense of comfort. Covered with a high-quality marine vinyl. They look sharp!

($150 per seat? Hmmmm. Ours were considerably more than that.)

Sub'd. My drivers seat is starting to get worn down. I believe there is a thread in here somewhere that has several people installing different vehicle seating, from junkyards I think.
I think Honda Passport (?) seats fit with minimal retrofitting if I recall those threads correctly.

Reactions: Ron505
I looked for a couple years and then just ended up throwing away my stock seats. If you really want to keep them a good upholstery shop will be able to cut some new foam. It will not be cheap. I never found the stock seats to be that comfortable anyway. I'm much happier with the junkyard seats I installed
What kind of seats did you install? What vehicle were they from? How was the installation? Thanks.

I used a set of Hyundai Tiburon seats and followed the instructions of @PC06. The installation is easy enough and was completed leisurely in a weekend.
20190717_131125.jpg

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-install-hyundai-tiburon-seats-in-a-jeep-wrangler-tj.2997/