Replacement Factory Style Steel Half Doors

Dan T.

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just glancing over the new Quadratec catalog that came in the mail. I see they now sell Replacement Factory Style Steel Half Doors. Any rumors that they (or some manufacturer) will eventually sell full steel door replacements?

Finding quality full doors has been a huge challenge. (I'm willing to paint the exterior to match my Jeep but the interior panels ( in good condition and price) in Camel have been tough to find)

Demand for full steel doors is crazy!!! When I parted out my Donor Jeep, Hard Tops and Door inquiries toped the list. I gave some local dude a hell of a deal compared to what I see these going for. I'm hoping some company will start to manufacturer and sell the full doors as well. Maybe that will settle the market.

Interesting. They seem to sell a lot of pressed steel parts for cars 10+ years out of production. I wouldn't be surprised if they buy off the original dies from big companies but I can't find anything to corroborate that.

According to Summit's site they have all sorts of parts for YJs and TJs including floor pans, corners even windshield frames. Their other parts, which are mostly hoods, seem pretty well reviewed there. It's not often a third party can aftermarket fab large pieces of pressed steel that require precise fitment and have a near perfect five star rating. I'm willing to bet my previous statement is true and what they do have are factory OEM dies. Either that or they figured out some great secret piece of engineering that would be the envy of many companies. Given their selection of parts, I doubt that's the case.

I suppose those half doors are good if you have one you are replacing bc of damage. But if they come bare, as they appear in the pic, then how difficult and expensive will it be to get all the need parts to complete it? Even more so for a full door.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk