Replacement Seatbelt Recommendations?

Im confused. Im the type that needs pop up books. 😂 Any pictures of what you are talking about? And I would suggest reaching out to the company you sent them to. Ive never heard of seatbelt solutions.

Did the company you use supply new retractors? Why didnt they repair/rebuild your factory seatbelt setup?

As I mentioned above, I ordered NEW seatbelts. I did not send in my old ones for a rebuild. No point as the new ones were way less expensive and I changed\ordered the belt color to be dark red.
The question I have is the way the company that made the NEW seatbelts (Seatbelt Solutions is the manufacturer) does not exactly match the OEM retractor housing. The OEM housing has a locator tab in the back of the retractor that resembles an arrow, stamped in the steel, that inserts into the locator tab on the roll bar. Just below that is the actual retaining bolt that secures the retractor housing to the roll bar.
The new seatbelts I purchased do not have the steel "arrow" locator that slots into the roll bar, just the retractor anchor bolt hole.
I will post some pics tomorrow when I resume my Jeep foray.

20191019_213013.jpg

Here are the old and new seatbelt retractors.
20191019_213106.jpg

As I mentioned above, I ordered NEW seatbelts. I did not send in my old ones for a rebuild. No point as the new ones were way less expensive and I changed\ordered the belt color to be dark red.
The question I have is the way the company that made the NEW seatbelts (Seatbelt Solutions is the manufacturer) does not exactly match the OEM retractor housing. The OEM housing has a locator tab in the back of the retractor that resembles an arrow, stamped in the steel, that inserts into the locator tab on the roll bar. Just below that is the actual retaining bolt that secures the retractor housing to the roll bar.
The new seatbelts I purchased do not have the steel "arrow" locator that slots into the roll bar, just the retractor anchor bolt hole.
I will post some pics tomorrow when I resume my Jeep foray.
Always the little stuff that will get ya. Have you contacted the manufacture?

I ordered a replacement for the passenger side from eBay a few years ago and it's been working fine ever since. About $30 I think.

Just did the same. Passenger side was locking up every couple inches trying to pull it out. I took it out, looked it over, worked fine on the bench. Put it back in. Was fine. Next time the wife got it, it was the same as before. Grabbed one off ebay, and it works perfectly.

Sorry for the revival... can one of you post up a link to what you bought from Ebay? My passenger side wasn't retracting so I got it apart and the ball bearing mechanism isn't even there. The side with the reel is completely exposed.

I'm assuming the Ebay is aftermarket? Best I can find to avoid the Quadratec stuff is Mopar for $153. Thinking seat belts is one of those things where quality matters, so I'm leaning that direction.

Anybody have a warranty manual? The seatbelts in my Hondas were warrantied for life. The odds are probably slim, but perhaps Jeep's warranty includes the same coverage?

Is there any difference between the male ends of front and rear seatbelts? Obviously the way the rear female ends mounts is different, in the centre of the seats to the body, but is the retractable mechanism the same for both front and rear?

Trying to source some locally and thought I might as well replace them all while I'm at it, this seller on eBay has a slight discount for multiple items:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=293740165703

Also these are listed as universal but the OEM ones look like they're slightly different drivers vs passenger, is there a significant difference?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
SO by being confined to their colors you'd need to replace all 4 of them to match. That's around $400. I think I'll stick with the junkyard. And just replace my drivers side that is frayed.
Yeah, we’re TJ guys, not made of money like the JL guys, but we use our rigs and have more fun!