Replacement thermostats near me

Bushfamily5

My t-stat is stuck and I need to replace ASAP. After reading post after post, I tried to get ahold of a stant t-stat but can not get one locally (Pep Boys who uses to carry them is now only a service center. Ordering online would be early next week it looks like.

any other quality t-stat brands I can look for? Just suck it up and go to the dealer?

thanks

Found a stant t stat part # 45359 on Car ID for like $3-$4.

should be the guy right? Stant website only shows one t stay with that part # and it says Superstat.
4C2A0B7A-FEFF-419E-BE8F-ED1AE01F83EA.png

I've been trying to find a Stant thermostat and called my local mom and pop auto parts store. He said Stant got bought out by Motorad a couple months ago. He didn't act like they were producing anymore so whatever is out there is probably it. Found one on Amazon but its a 3rd party seller so I have to wait a week.

Reactions: Danny F.
I actually just got a stant 45359 in the mail and it’s in a stant box but when you look at the thermostat it has motorad on it. I came looking and seen the post about stant being bought out here so I guess it’s true. I bought two thermostats just to have one on hand an not to have to wait on the mail in the future and they both match exactly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I got mine and it was actually a Stant but it was probably old stock. I do like the air bleeder on the Motorad though if they're actually needed.

I ordered a Stant superstat from Rockauto and received a Motorad inside a Stant box. It's only $5 but I'm pretty disappointed. I'll try amazon to see if they still have actual Stants. It will be easier to return to Amazon than Rockauto anyways-

"NOTE: Manufacturers may brand parts sourced from other companies as their own (so the brand name on the part doesn't match the brand on the packaging) or change the design or appearance of a part (such as color or materials) without notice to us as a retailer. Because these differences do not affect the fit or function of the part, would you like to:" They give the option of keeping the part or returning it at your own expense.

I'm not too happy with Stant right now. Put one in the Mercedes - it acts like it doesn't open far enough. "Hecho En China". I have a replacement Behr on hand, but what with this CCP virus, it hasn't gone in as yet.

When I replaced mine last year the auto parts store guy told me motorad bought stant so it makes sense what you got.