Replacement TJ wiring harness?

DAgostino480

So I just got another tj and I don't know if the wiring harness just falls apart when it gets old or if the previous owner was a dummy. Its like every connector I can see bare wires on it. Is there any company that makes a harness for the engine bay for a 01 jeep Tj 4.0 auto trans? Im getting tired of trying to repair every time I need to replace something.

Somebody has to maked them. Did you look at painless? I think summit sells them, at least for old trucks.

I bought a few harnesses from Rhode Island Wiring many years ago ( http://www.riwire.com/ ). They specialized in harnesses and supplies for older cars but they may be able to help you out.

As an aside, I met a guy who built his own wiring harness for an MGA. He did a very good job ... HOWEVER … he only used one colour of wire, blue. He figured it would go well with his blue car. He was right but he probably quadrupled his work load!

So the first is the wiring to the throttle body and the air temp sensor, not to bad.... Second is the wiring to the oil pressure sending unit and the camshaft position sensor.

All the injectors were like this also but recently got pigtails for them.

IMG_8147.JPG

IMG_8148.JPG

So I just got another tj and I don't know if the wiring harness just falls apart when it gets old or if the previous owner was a dummy. Its like every connector I can see bare wires on it. Is there any company that makes a harness for the engine bay for a 01 jeep Tj 4.0 auto trans? Im getting tired of trying to repair every time I need to replace something.
I am running into the same issue, what did you end up doing?

Did you end up finding a harness? I may need to buy used
I'm in the same boat, my TJ wiring is shot replaced a starter thinking it was the issue no it's the wiring at least I know my starter is good I guess...

I was able to get a new Jeep wiring harness 2 years back but it ended up being EU & ended up splicing out what I needed, I can't remember what site trying to find the receipt... will update if I find something

Update : Found the site I ordered the wiring harness from it was MoparPartsGiant .com unfortunately they are out of stock & have the wiring harness listed as discontinued but we have Part Numbers at least.... :'( Looking like we're going to have to go Painless Route or keep hunting for a decent one & splicing what we have too. I was hoping to just do a relatively easy swap out

56041843AA
WIRING Engine Transmission Wiring Included
w/ABS w/U.S. 50 State Emission

56041844AA
WIRING Engine Transmission Wiring Included
w/o ABS w/U.S. 50 State Emission

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/

Last edited: