Replacing brake bleeder screws

Dyl

I took my TJ for a brake flush today and the guys at the garage said front left screw is rounded up and needs replacing (they did the flush and tightened with the same old bleeder screw as they said they didn't have new ones).

They asked me to bring new bleeder screw to replace the damaged one. But my question is once you remove the old one to replace, would I have to do a brake bleed again? Can air get in once you remove the screw (afaik that's the same screw you use to flush brakes right)?

As soon as you unseat the bleeder screw air can potentially gets into the brake cylinder or caliper and will need to be bled again...
Hard to believe that a shop that services brakes does not keep spare bleeders in stock....

The one you have seems to have worked just fine with pliers instead of the same wrench as they used on the others. I'd make a mental note about it needing replaced for THE NEXT TIME IT'S WORKED ON.

In reality I'd probably write that mental note down somewhere and lose it by then but I wouldn't pay anyone to replace it now just because it's rounded.

but I wouldn't pay anyone to replace it now just because it's rounded.
Mechanic said they will put news screws for free but I'm just worried once you remove the screw, air would get inside.

@Charles they said they don't get American cars often hence couldn't find a matching screw.