Replacing fog lights

Serbonze

TJ Neophyte
Supporting Member
When we were on the trail today I mentioned to my wife that the club often goes out on night rides, and she got pretty excited. That got me thinking about appropriate lighting, and I think that I would like to replace my "fog" lights with something more powerful. I can barely tell when these KC lights are on.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006V7TDAE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

image.jpeg

Above is what I have to work with, and I think I know what I want and don't want.

Want
Brighter than the KC lights which are rated at 25,000 candle power
Plug and play into the existing fog connections
Mount into existing holes in bumper
I'm completely opposed to a small lightbar, but honestly I just don't really like how they look
Flood light (I don't think spot lights are the correct application for me, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Don't want
Big light bar
Extensive electrical work

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I struggle with this too.
Hard to tell what you are getting shopping on line and for me retail is 300miles away.
Between, watts, lumens, colour, fog, pencil, euro, flood, LED, HID, Halogen....
And there is no real standard anymore.
Add Europe, China, USA in the mix and !!!!!!!!

Definitely watching this thread.

Reactions: Serbonze
I'm in the exact same boat as well. I stopped caring about the fog light out put completely once I got my truck lite headlights. They're so amazingly bright I just don't need more.

Awesome, please let me know what you think. Do you plan on getting a harness, or just splicing them in?

I will probably get a harness since I don't want to cut the factory wiring.

Definitely let me know what you find, because I feel the same way.

By the way, your link above is for the spot version not the flood. Is that what you want?

Definitely let me know what you find, because I feel the same way.

By the way, your link above is for the spot version not the flood. Is that what you want?

Will do!

I'm not sure actually. Since my headlights are basically flood and the light bar is a spot flood combo, I'm thinking that spot for the fogs.

I too am looking for a good 4" set of fog lights. Much like the stock except smaller. I just got a 20" LED spot/fog bar that I'll wire in separately with a new switch and all for night/off roading. Then just remove the plug off of my original fogs, and install them on the new fogs (once I find a decent set of true fogs that I can leave on with oncoming traffic in 4").

Reactions: Chris
Amazon and eBay sure have a huge selection of LED lights. The only reason I usually use Amazon over eBay these days is that Amazon's customers service is absolutely amazing.

Reactions: Serbonze and Ron505
Amazon and eBay sure have a huge selection of LED lights. The only reason I usually use Amazon over eBay these days is that Amazon's customers service is absolutely amazing.
Agreed. I have Prime too. The hard part that I am coming across is finding a true fog light in a smaller LED.

Agreed. I have Prime too. The hard part that I am coming across is finding a true fog light in a smaller LED.

I agree, that is the hard part.

I also have Prime as well which is another Amazon perk. They're really sticking it to eBay these days, I'll say that much!

So a follow up on this. Am I better off replacing my headlights with LED versions before the driving lights?

This is what's currently on it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002M9QK6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Yes, yes and YES! I replaced my Healla H4 headlights with Truck Lites and my god... The difference is night and day! The LED headlights (at least the Truck Lites) have phenomenal light output, especially on those unlit backroads. It's almost unreal how well they perform.

I would definitely start with headlights before fog lights.

image.jpeg
I have the Amber Ridgid dually fog lights on my JKUR & the are really helpful in fog down here in Houston by the bay , very nice to see to drive I will get some for my LJ