Replacing fog lights

View attachment 1916 I have the Amber Ridgid dually fog lights on my JKUR & the are really helpful in fog down here in Houston by the bay , very nice to see to drive I will get some for my LJ

Are those LED?

or these for $99.95 w/harness set of (2) WTJF special

http://www.xf_vendor_spam_management/LED-Light-Bars/Engo-LED-Light-bars/engo-usa-led-work-lights/Engo-4"-RW-Series-27W-LED-Flood-Work-Light

I like the look of those ones!

I decided to go with headlights first.

image.jpeg

Allen, I'll check out your sight when I upgrade the other lights!

I was made an offer that I couldn't pass up to try Quadratec's new LED Stealth light. I truly have no idea how they will perform or if they are total junk.
Thanks, be sure to let us know how they work out. My OE headlights leave a lot to desire, I need to do something myself soon.

Reactions: Chris
The real question is how on earth have you not upgraded your stock headlights by now? :D
I had done all those types of things to my previous TJ but lighting was not a high/first-level priority for the replacement TJ. I don't even have driving lights on this one. Driving my wife's car with its AMAZING HID lights always makes me groan to her that I need better headlights for the Jeep but 20 years of me begging $$$ for Jeep parts has made her pretty effective at changing the subject. :(

I had done all those types of things to my previous TJ but lighting was not a high/first-level priority for the replacement TJ. I don't even have driving lights on this one. Driving my wife's car with its AMAZING HID lights always makes me groan to her that I need better headlights for the Jeep but 20 years of me begging $$$ for Jeep parts has made her pretty effective at changing the subject. :(

Make sure you document all your mods and save the receipts for this TJ... You know... Just incase it gets stolen.

Reactions: Serbonze
image.jpeg
Chris those Foglights are LED & perfect for fog, speaking of Headlights I had a pair of JW Speakers for my wife's JKUR because she has some night blindness, I have never seen a better beam of light before & adjusted correctly I have never had anyone blink there lights at me. BUT one crapped out on me & after three years I didn't find the recipient or really can't remember who I ordered from. So I put my factory light in place of the JW until I could figure out what to do. One JW was enough good light to make a difference, but it looked stupid so I went back to factory with the best bulbs I could find .

Reactions: Chris
Absolutely HL first. Chance to see them work at night yet?

Thanks, be sure to let us know how they work out. My OE headlights leave a lot to desire, I need to do something myself soon.

It finally stopped raining to the point where I could take it out at night. The difference is amazing. However, I also noticed that I have to adjust them. I don't think that they were ever adjusted when the lift was installed, or perhaps ever. I plan on doing that sometime this week.

I'll be honest, there is such a drastic difference from the OEM headlights that I don't think that I would be able to tell the difference between any of the different major manufactures LED headlights.

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of LED headlights! Just like my Truck Lite LEDs... They made such a huge difference it's insane!

Reactions: Serbonze