Replacing OEM Body Mount Bushings

Breto31

TJ Enthusiast
Some of my body mount bushings are shot, so I’m looking to replace them. I don’t want to lift it any, just replace the stock ones that came on it. Someone put me in the direction a good stock bushing? It seems like there’s so many options.... I’ve been reading other posts and Savvy seems to be the way to go but I don’t see where they have the stock option.

4D94381F-3B99-4602-AFBF-DE9BB4AF3669.jpeg

D9D238F3-D671-421D-BDC6-D8AFBDAF3370.jpeg

damn those are cracked!
The recommendation for savvy is for the body lift kit. For replacement bushings you could just go to rock auto or something similar and get the doorman body mount replacements.

Reactions: primetime4
damn those are cracked!
The recommendation for savvy is for the body lift kit. For replacement bushings you could just go to rock auto or something similar and get the doorman body mount replacements.
Yeah, they are in bad shape in some spots. I figure I’ll just replace all of them if I’m going to replace two or three.

Reactions: Vasq
There could be, maybe not on rock auto but I would guess there has to be one out there somewhere.

I just replaced mine the other day (broke 3 bolts so I'm in the market for a welder now...).

I went with Crown set mentioned about. Look and feel good quality. Can't comment on the ride until i get there 3 bolts fixed...

Best of luck. Hope you have better success!

x2 on the Savvy lift. Great quality. Went in with the new body mounts. My JKS BL was shot and gave a delta of 0.2" between pucks when removed. Been in about a decade or a little more.

Reactions: Breto31
I just replaced mine the other day (broke 3 bolts so I'm in the market for a welder now...).

I went with Crown set mentioned about. Look and feel good quality. Can't comment on the ride until i get there 3 bolts fixed...

Best of luck. Hope you have better success!

x2 on the Savvy lift. Great quality. Went in with the new body mounts. My JKS BL was shot and gave a delta of 0.2" between pucks when removed. Been in about a decade or a little more.

I think I’m going to go with the Crown set just to replace the OEM ones. If I was wanting to lift it any higher I’d def go the Savvy route..... Any tips on replacing them? Never done it before, so I’m learning as I go. Seems straight forward enough, but it’s never as easy as it seems.

I think I’m going to go with the Crown set just to replace the OEM ones. If I was wanting to lift it any higher I’d def go the Savvy route..... Any tips on replacing them? Never done it before, so I’m learning as I go. Seems straight forward enough, but it’s never as easy as it seems.
Mountain Offroad sells a body lift kit that comes with all the bushings and such if you wanted to do both at once.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12590_0415_07.htm

It's pretty straight forward. Block of wood on the jack to reach the body. I used the spot between the second and third mount under each door and it balanced the body well to remove all the mounts on one side.

Loosen all the mounts before you lift any side. Keep all loosen than finger tight to allow the body to flex until you have all the mounts installed. Do not torque down until all body mounts on the Jeep have been replaced.

Remove the screws for the filler neck before you lift the body so it doesn't crack the plastic holder.

35ft/lbs is what my research turned up.

Wish you all the best they come out clean. I had a couple mounts in about as bad a shape as yours. May want to paint the mounts if there's any rust, while you're in there.

Reactions: Breto31