Replacing the interior lights of your Jeep Wrangler TJ with LEDs

Ordered up a full set today. I chose the green as red and bright whites are bloomy with my janky close up vision. Green seems to be the most pleasant to my eyes so we'll see, pun intended :D

Reactions: Chris
View attachment 38217

As hard as I tried, the camera just couldn't get a good photo. It looks so much better than factory though. The lights are much more green, and the Rubicon locker switch I put a red LED bulb in (so it looks red like factory) and it turned out great too!

It's not as blindingly bright in person as the photo make it seem. I also have the dimmer set to max in this photo, so that might be part of it too.
Which led bulb did u solder in its place? Mines burnt out

The green is awesome and much easier on my eyes. Plus it looks pretty cool. I put led's in the pods too, about the same output but not harsh like the incand bulbs. Great little upgrade for a few bucks. I tried to get a pic but the green doesn't come out well so you just gotta believe me :D

The green is awesome and much easier on my eyes. Plus it looks pretty cool. I put led's in the pods too, about the same output but not harsh like the incand bulbs. Great little upgrade for a few bucks. I tried to get a pic but the green doesn't come out well so you just gotta believe me :D

I have the green as well, and you're right, it's nearly impossible to photograph without looking misleading. It really looks good!

Reactions: Rob5589
Here's mine I decided to switch it up a bit, and two tone mine with red/white, btw great write up.
20180305_232231.jpg

I did mine a while back in Blue...love surprising people when they get in and the footwells light up blue too.....Oh and by the way,blue is also difficult to take a pic of, always comes out blurred.

Reactions: Chris
Does anyone have a PIC of the dash/instrument panel with Green Bulbs? I’m guessing the PIC might be blurry, but I would be interested in a look. Anyone try the UV blacklight LED?

@Chris did you do your footwells in green also? Or just the dash, sound bar, shifter and HVAC? Thinking about trying different colors. Like @ThatsilverTJ did.

I see this guy did Purple. See Below I.

I.

II. Dash Video

On mine I made all the lights green with the exception of the footwell lights and overhead lights, which I kept white. I'll have to take some photos of the instrument cluster. It looks excellent, albeit very hard to get a good photo of!

Great photos! I tried taking a photo of my green dash lights and they just wouldn't turn out well.

Finally getting around to wanting to replace my lights. Those that went with white LEDS, did you go Cool or Warm bulbs? Anyone have a pic of the difference?

Finally getting around to wanting to replace my lights. Those that went with white LEDS, did you go Cool or Warm bulbs? Anyone have a pic of the difference?
See post #2 at the top for the "cool white" variation. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some "warm white" photos to compare.

See post #2 at the top for the "cool white" variation. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some "warm white" photos to compare.

Thanks NK24, I shoulda saw that the first time through. Digging white Vs. a color for the first go around. Wish the needles would stay orange with color lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro