Replacing the interior lights of your Jeep Wrangler TJ with LEDs

Is there any way to get rid of the blue hue that the HVAC controls have? I would love to be able to have everything cool white.
I went with natural white. Looks to me like they may be slightly less blue than the cool white, but still a hint of blue hue. Not sure if warm white would be any better or if you'd need to go to a specific color to avoid.
20201122_152925.jpg
20201122_152826.jpg

Reactions: rdtbull
I used the 6000K and mine still have a bluish hue, I'll try to take a better picture and post it sometime this weekend.
The higher the color temperature, the more blue it will look. Something around 4000K is probably your best bet for a natural white look without the blue tint.

Reactions: jsfoster75
anyone have an issue with 194 not working for the shifter light?

I have an 03 auto, the same bulb for the floor lights wont fit in the hole on the shifter?

anyone have an issue with 194 not working for the shifter light?

I have an 03 auto, the same bulb for the floor lights wont fit in the hole on the shifter?

if you want to pm me your address, I have an extra bulb I’ll send you that fits perfectly. I ordered a couple of them by mistake for something else but it fit that just right.

Went ahead and started this upgrade to my 04. Got an amber light for the shifter and when I put it in it turned green. Which makes sense because of this blue piece of plastic. Does anyone have any experience taking this piece out?

image0.jpg

For the tip section. The hvac bulbs can have their thin metal contacts deform either during shipping or install and they will appear DOA when installed. On 2/3 of mine I needed to use a thin metal pick to rebend the contact before they would work.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Does anybody have a good source for the 4mm led's needed for the rocker switches? I always use SuperBrite, but they are out of stock and keep pushing back the in stock date. I know it's a supply chain problem, just hoping I might find some in stock somewhere. Also, do I just refer to these as 4mm led's when looking, or is there a better description? Thanks.

Does anybody have a good source for the 4mm led's needed for the rocker switches? I always use SuperBrite, but they are out of stock and keep pushing back the in stock date. I know it's a supply chain problem, just hoping I might find some in stock somewhere. Also, do I just refer to these as 4mm led's when looking, or is there a better description? Thanks.
I got some from Amazon a few years ago, but when I looked at my history it can’t find them. I remember the seller was partsam.

Reactions: Rcroane
What a great idea, thanks for sharing. I did something similar in my old '06 Mustang GT years ago. I don't think my TJ has an axle lock button, in fact I only have place for 3 switches but none currently present.

0892e3da73c0bb0557a7ba62e8be6e91.jpg