Replacing the OE seats to my 98 sport TJ

ReelFishBoss

Hey Jeep Lovers,

Replacing my front seats due to them rusting to crap and I have a couple question I wonder could be answered.

The pictures, one is the tilt/ slide forward base (which I'm considering media blasting, painting and reusing). The other pic is the seat bottom, springs rusted, everything rusted!
So much for thinking I found a rust free....

I'm currently looking at a budget of 5-6 hundred for both the front seats.

Are there any seats that DO NOT require additional brackets for correct fit? And those mounting adapter brackets; do they adapt the new seat the the floor or the tilt/slide base?

Do I really need the tilt/ slide base? Althought then I will surely go over my budget buying more seat belts, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Keith

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

Hello Neighbor! They look like my seats :). I've researched that also, and there doesn't seem to be any " direct fit " that doesn't require additional brackets. Word on the street is, Hyndai Tiberon seats are a direct fit, if you can find a set..... Maybe several others, but no new seats that I know of.

Based on the rust I see, I'd do some sanding and repainting and not worry about it. Fairly quick, fairly easy, and really cheap.

The rest of the seat being ripped or stained would push me towards adding seat covers, some are great, some aren't so good. Still fairly quick and fairly easy but they put the cost up some.

Now, if the seats smell like a cat box or other nasty things I see a definite need for replacement which unfortunately I can't help.

Good luck either way!

Those seat brakets of yours could easily be restored. All that rust looks like its on the surface, actually all those rusted parts can be restored. Pics are very low res though...

Why not just find some seats from the junk yard and having them re-upholstered?

Reactions: ReelFishBoss
Check car-part.com for seats in your area. I just checked the local junk yards near me in Massachusetts and $100 per seat seems to be the going rate. Might be worth a look.

Reactions: ReelFishBoss