Replacing windshield?

ACOZ

Anyone here ever replaced their own windshield?
I got a quote of almost $300 to have it done at a shop, but I can buy the glass and materials for ~$150, it seems pretty straight forward, especially if you took the whole windshield frame off and laid it flat.

$300 isn't bad at all by any means.

I've never attempted it, but in my mind once I took the old one off, removed the windshield frame (like you talked about), glued the new one, then reinstalled it... Well, let's just say that I think the work alone is worth paying someone $150 for the labor.

Not to mention I think most of the reputable places will warranty their work (assuming they install it).

I know $300 isn't that bad, I was just waiting to see if someone would pop in and say they'd done it and it was super easy, I'll get quotes from as many places around here as I can, and probably just end up paying a shop to do it.

Some shops can install them for considerably less. I had two installed onto my '97 in San Diego for less than $150 tax included. Having seen the job done twice, I wouldn't even consider attempting it myself.

Reactions: Chris
Use your insurance company. I've gotten 2 windows replaced in the past 4 years because rocks like to hit it and didn't pay a dime. Not sure who your insurance company is but I would give them a shot and see what they say.

Reactions: Chris