Reporting back on my 2 inch lift

I finally got the OME 2933/2942 springs and the Rancho 0-2" shocks in. Happy to report and thank everyone for steering me in that direction. The ride is firm but not bouncy, very comfortable, my original springs were probably showing their age as were the shocks. 2" of lift really made more of the visual look then I thought it would. I have Goodrich 28" tires now and it looks like the 31" tires will be coming sooner then planned. As I was under working on the jeep, I noticed checking and cracks on the sidewalls close to the beads. At the same time I also did the TC drop. Since I was in the get it done mode, I r/r the water pump, thermostat housing, thermostat, intake/exhaust gasket, serp belt, belt tensioner, idler pulley. At 116k miles, I'm addressing the wear parts a little at a time hopefully before any failures,,,gregg

I'll take a few pics today, I didn't take a pre-measurement for a baseline to see exactly how much lift I got, but looking at it and climbing in and out the cab I'm happy with it for what we'll be using it for. I bought the Smittybuilt 9500lb winch and got that mounted and wired. I know most of you guy's say Warn, but with me on a pension and need to budget "the nice to have " 258.00 free ship works. I figure at least I'll have something for self recuse should that ever happen. Since our plans include the Jeep being our Toad on trips we don't bring a boat, I wired up the Jeep's lights to a trailer plug so no auxiliary lights are needed. I used Hopkins wire harness #56202, it has the diodes and matching factory connectors, nice product and well made. Also installed a break away cable that in the case of the Jeep ever comes loose from our truck, it applies the Jeep's brakes. I have had a trailer come loose before, not fun. I'm welding up a tow bar, should have that done today or tomorrow

Reactions: matkal
I'll take a few pics today, I didn't take a pre-measurement for a baseline to see exactly how much lift I got, but looking at it and climbing in and out the cab I'm happy with it for what we'll be using it for. I bought the Smittybuilt 9500lb winch and got that mounted and wired. I know most of you guy's say Warn, but with me on a pension and need to budget "the nice to have " 258.00 free ship works. I figure at least I'll have something for self recuse should that ever happen. Since our plans include the Jeep being our Toad on trips we don't bring a boat, I wired up the Jeep's lights to a trailer plug so no auxiliary lights are needed. I used Hopkins wire harness #56202, it has the diodes and matching factory connectors, nice product and well made. Also installed a break away cable that in the case of the Jeep ever comes loose from our truck, it applies the Jeep's brakes. I have had a trailer come loose before, not fun. I'm welding up a tow bar, should have that done today or tomorrow

Here’s a few, I don’t have a real flat area here at the house for judging something like this including my driveway, it’s cracked and not flat. When I take it to town, I’ll bring a tape measure and check for level, I think I’ll need just a little bit of spacing in the rear but idk yet,,,gregg

7E803E23-7B7E-411E-9ACB-37195AA5A1DC.jpeg

4FC10DFF-AA14-46DC-A200-90BB16C19BAB.jpeg

DF007517-7E96-4039-A907-2D756065C74D.jpeg

Reactions: Fonz54 and matkal
Reactions: Brokeass Boater
I finally got the OME 2933/2942 springs and the Rancho 0-2" shocks in. Happy to report and thank everyone for steering me in that direction. The ride is firm but not bouncy, very comfortable, my original springs were probably showing their age as were the shocks. 2" of lift really made more of the visual look then I thought it would. I have Goodrich 28" tires now and it looks like the 31" tires will be coming sooner then planned. As I was under working on the jeep, I noticed checking and cracks on the sidewalls close to the beads. At the same time I also did the TC drop. Since I was in the get it done mode, I r/r the water pump, thermostat housing, thermostat, intake/exhaust gasket, serp belt, belt tensioner, idler pulley. At 116k miles, I'm addressing the wear parts a little at a time hopefully before any failures,,,gregg
Did you need a rear track bar relocation bracket? I am getting mixed info on if they are needed for a 2” spring