Reproducing the OR-Fab Tire Carrier (anyone got a OR-Fab carrier?)

I like the tee handle, I can hang thing on it like chairs or trash bag ect while camping.

I used a late model tire cove with the back up camera hole for the handle to go thru.

Nato cans fit right on no problem, and two filled gas cans and the spare do not faze the carrier.

I was the someone else! Lol I ran up to riverside to pick it up one day after work, the owner said he had a couple people interested in it. Nice guy, nice built Jeep.
Anyway here's a couple pictures of it installed on my Jeep, for anyone that is just looking for fitment clarity. Seeing how there isn't a ton of info on the OR-Fab slim carrier floating around the internet.
The factory torques on the striker side bracket didn't quite line up so there is only one in there, but there is 7 bolts holding down that bracket as it is.
I added a 3rd brake light to the carrier, that comes through the center of the spare, so that makes wiring fly around everywhere so I'll probably redo that later.
I also got rid of the T handle and welded on a round plate with lugs bolts welded on it, so I could just bolt the tire up like factory.

View attachment 282135

View attachment 282136

View attachment 282137

View attachment 282138
That thing is sweet! Shame no one makes them anymore.

Reactions: Ephry73
Does anyone here have the ORFAB carrier that would tell me how far the spare sticks out from the tub? Not sure if this will interfere with my hitch mounted bike rack.

Does anyone here have the ORFAB carrier that would tell me how far the spare sticks out from the tub? Not sure if this will interfere with my hitch mounted bike rack.
Here you go... the tire is 12.5" wide which will give you the outside edge dimension too.

IMG_20231018_145217910.jpg

• Love
Reactions: JoseA and Ephry73