Reproducing the OR-Fab Tire Carrier (anyone got a OR-Fab carrier?)

Nothing from the former employee that was going to reproduce them?

That guy appears to have done what I figured he would do... talk it up like it was going to happen, and then fall off the face of the earth. I'm not surprised really. So many people are all talk.

Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I haven't heard a single thing from him.

I'm happier with my Exogate / MORryde anyways to be honest.

Reactions: skrelnik
That guy appears to have done what I figured he would do... talk it up like it was going to happen, and then fall off the face of the earth. I'm not surprised really. So many people are all talk.

Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I haven't heard a single thing from him.

I'm happier with my Exogate / MORryde anyways to be honest.

Sounds like an easier install too.

I just liked the fact that it tied into the roll bars. Going to 35s and the P.O. installed a swing gate and it already sags.

I just liked the fact that it tied into the roll bars. Going to 35s and the P.O. installed a swing gate and it already sags.

The Exogate / MORryde ties into the roll bar as well.

I carry a 35" tire on mine and it holds it with ease.

The OR-Fab carrier isn't really needed for 35's. But I'm a hypocrite I guess, I have it and I run 33's. The exogate is a much simpler install and is really all you need. The OR-Fab doesn't seem all that special to me. Unless you're setting the Jeep down on the carrier every weekend or are running 40's, it isn't really useful. The OR-Fab carrier is good, but I don't think it is a tragedy that it isn't being made anymore. Plenty of good options out there.

Reactions: Chris
The OR-Fab carrier isn't really needed for 35's. But I'm a hypocrite I guess, I have it and I run 33's. The exogate is a much simpler install and is really all you need. The OR-Fab doesn't seem all that special to me. Unless you're setting the Jeep down on the carrier every weekend or are running 40's, it isn't really useful. The OR-Fab carrier is good, but I don't think it is a tragedy that it isn't being made anymore. Plenty of good options out there.

Thanks for an honest opinion. I prefer doing things once, regardless of cost.

Reactions: skrelnik

I agree with this. I think the Exogate is a better idea for 35s. Keeps the tire closer to the body as well, which I like.

Thanks
I will start looking for install videos. Did you have a local fab shop make spacers for your taillights

No, I just trimmed the Exogate to fit around my Savvy taillights. It didn't take more than about 30 minutes with a grinder, and it looks great. If you check out my build thread, you'll see how nicely it turned out!

I agree with this. I think the Exogate is a better idea for 35s. Keeps the tire closer to the body as well, which I like.

No, I just trimmed the Exogate to fit around my Savvy taillights. It didn't take more than about 30 minutes with a grinder, and it looks great. If you check out my build thread, you'll see how nicely it turned out!

Must have missed that.

I did see where you showed the exogate was 1/4” and talked about spacers.

Chris you are wrong actually. OR fab was bought (as you know) and they are planning to roll out the tj model of the tire carrier soon. I have emails with them very recently and they just finished the instruction manual on their test lj.

Reactions: Starrs and Chris
Chris you are wrong actually. OR fab was bought (as you know) and they are planning to roll out the tj model of the tire carrier soon. I have emails with them very recently and they just finished the instruction manual on their test lj.
Good to read. I shared a few emails with the new owner of ORF quite a while ago and thought since it had been so long that he said they were going to bring it out that they had dropped their plans to do so.

Reactions: dylansalrin

Really? I'm glad to know I was wrong! I was going off what I had heard from @Jerry Bransford, but it sounds like you're in close contact with them. Makes me wonder if they'll start producing more TJ parts than just the bumper. That would be great news.

Reactions: dylansalrin
I spoke with Bill Brough at the DV8 booth (DV8 is the company that bought ORFAB or at least the brand and intellectual property). When I pressed him about the TJ/LJ rear tire carrier he knew exactly what part I was referencing and said they were looking at a release in the next couple of weeks. He also mentioned that they would be releasing a front and rear bumper as well from the ORFAB lineup and rambled off some specific item numbers (apparently these were the top three skus for ORFAB in regards to the TJ/LJ model) I have his card and he urged me to reach out to him if I needed any additional information or help.

You called it! :D

Oh absolutely. I honest to god waited to order an Exogate until I couldn't put it off any longer in hopes the OR-FAB carrier would be back as an option. When he told me the timeframe I think he could see the utter disgust mixed with disappointment on my face. He then offered me a DV8 t-shirt as a consolation prize which I promptly took so I could wipe the tears from my eyes and blow my nose with it......