Requesting blessings for my wheel and tire choices

I want nothing to do with that.

Years ago, I was out on an easy scenic trail that passes an old mining site with a big pile of tailings. There is a well worn chute to the top that I have climbed without a second thought many times before. Already aired down a bit for comfort, I drop into 4 low and idle my way up where I am greeted with cheers and applause by a group of guys driving XJs and JKs.

Confused, I wave and say hi to the group. One of the guys excitedly tells me he has never seen anyone take that hill so slowly and easily. That he always has to hit it fast. How did I do it?

1657226500885.png

Years ago, I was out on an easy scenic trail that passes an old mining site with a big pile of tailings. There is a well worn chute to the top that I have climbed without a second thought many times before. Already aired down a bit for comfort, I drop into 4 low and idle my way up where I am greeted with cheers and applause by a group of guys driving XJs and JKs.

Confused, I wave and say hi to the group. One of the guys excitedly tells me he has never seen anyone take that hill so slowly and easily. That he always has to hit it fast. How did I do it?

I've had that same experience several times. People on 37's+ who don't even know enough to air down who are then stunned when I make it through something on my 32's that they couldn't clear, often after they told me it was impossible. Then they have too much pride to ask me for pointers, because I'm the little Jeep guy, what can they learn from me? lol

I usually stay out of the conversations. But this I just had to post a comment. How can someone be this oblivious to the importance traction plays on/off road?

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw
Wait...so the Patagonias aren't the best tires known to man on earth? I did read/watch some people complaining about chunking but overall the reviews in various places were not bad. Seems like they are considered good on rocks and in mud which is pretty rare. The soft compound may be why they do ok in rocks and wear faster than some.
I will be doing a mix of rocks/sand and mud so it seemed like the perfect choice short of tires that cost $600+ each. What would be a good equivalent?

if savvy made a tire. need i say more?