Rescue6's 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Three tires mounted on the beadlocks and two to go. But something is missing in the garage today. Took the Jeep to the best exhaust shop in town to build a custom exhaust system from header back. I’m just hoping it isn’t obnoxious. Not much room for a big muffler and room for the four link front and rear, flat belly and stand alone transmission crossmember. I’ll have it back by 10am tomorrow to finish it up. Hood gets back to me Friday too.

1F5672E4-45E0-435B-B563-C0098956AF3C.jpeg

So I was able to drive the Jeep around the block today after getting it back from the exhaust shop. He did an amazing job. Moved the front section over to give me room for the upper link mount on right side frame rail. Moved the CAT back to clear the trans mount bar. Then got a straight through muffler in parallel to the upper four link between it and the driveshaft and then up and over to exit the rear. Also added to nice exhaust couplers so I can take it out if I ever need to in sections to work an things. It even sounds decent. That was the good part of the day. Then it went downhill. After said drive I went to put the belly pan on and noticed one of the bolts that goes all the way through on the Atlas I just resealed is weeping already damnit. Then apparently the Trans and Tcase settled a bit after driving so the belly pan I spent hours and hours on contacts ever so slightly. So I’ll throw on some spacers for now. I was going to cut the floor out to flat belly it next winter anyway but now it will happen even sooner. Back at it in the morning after I pick up the hood from paint. And due to this winter storm rolling In I don’t have to finish tomorrow.

E034077A-A980-403D-99CE-E19D00AA3DE0.jpeg

4F72AE28-45DE-4ADE-8453-0032141D9486.jpeg

EE77DDBB-A954-4536-9CE7-E5FEFD2D4FF1.jpeg

ABEADFBD-80E0-4996-A3D4-BCE4BCE714AB.jpeg

The new cut up hood and cowl turned out great. Even if this is only going to be on it temporarily. We are building another hood and removing the park on the side that is indented for the latches, putting a 1/2” bend on the bottom edge like the factory hood has to give it some rigidity and covering the large holes on the front corners from doing the highline cuts. Got it all put together but now I’ll have to clearance the top part of the inner fender on the drivers side. My PSC fluid reservoir lid with the fitting on top that sends the hose to the positive pressure valve contacts the under side of the hood just enough that it put a small ding in the new hood. I’ll PDR it and it will be fine. But it’s on. Started mounting the Genright tire carrier today as well. It’s really starting to look like a Jeep again. Even if it does look like a stink bug right now. As the rear sits higher than the front. If it doesn’t settle down to level once the spare tire and my tools go back into it. I’ll order the standard Currie 4” TJ springs and replace the LJ springs I put in. However I believe I’ll be just fine if my calculations are correct.

38B7C5EB-2A3A-4905-9995-3FF2A279BDB4.jpeg

FEF1F452-C0DB-440B-8AA8-B3EAACB5E5F7.jpeg

2C0CF06C-37BA-4BA4-8D55-1C4EDE180903.jpeg

Contemplating doing the ford windstar intake mod. Not excited about using an open filter even if it is a dry type with filterwear pre filter.

Reactions: Wildman
Contemplating doing the ford windstar intake mod. Not excited about using an open filter even if it is a dry type with filterwear pre filter.
No issues with the one I slapped together. The only noticeable difference was a whoosh sound when I open the throttle.

Reactions: Rescue6
No issues with the one I slapped together. The only noticeable difference was a whoosh sound when I open the throttle.
I've only had mine on through the winter, but I never noticed much of a change on mine. I'll listen closer since I have a heavy foot.

Reactions: Rescue6
I've only had mine on through the winter, but I never noticed much of a change on mine. I'll listen closer since I have a heavy foot.
Others have said they don't hear a difference either, not sure why mine is so loud unless it's something to do with the different cowl on the early models

I’ll have to go by pull n pay to see if I can find one and get it done. Soon. Thanks for the replies. I’m not too worried if it is noisy everything else on the thing is noisy compared to my daily driver anyway. It’s like going back in time when I drive the Jeep. But that’s part of the reason I like it so much.

I’ll have to go by pull n pay to see if I can find one and get it done. Soon. Thanks for the replies. I’m not too worried if it is noisy everything else on the thing is noisy compared to my daily driver anyway. It’s like going back in time when I drive the Jeep. But that’s part of the reason I like it so much.
Look in the Ford sedans of the same period if there's no windstars, mine was in one of those. Might have been by accident but it still had the same rubber grommet in the fender well you need to grab with it!

Will do thanks for the tip. So what all do I need to grab? I guess the filter housing and the grommet. Anything else? And then find some sort of reducer elbow?

Got a bit more done on The Jeep today. The Mini boatside rockers and inner reinforcement brackets have been installed for the final time. I then took the PSC reservoir out of the mount to come up with a way to get it lower. I think I’m going to trim a section out of the inner fender to make clearance in the morning. I also ordered the 4” to 3” silicone reduction elbow for the windstar intake I still need to go get out of the junkyard.

Reactions: tworley and Wildman
Got the PSC reservoir lowered by removing a section of inner fender. Then finished up the mounting of the tire carrier. Got the new antenna cable ran and the backup camera wires ran. Installed the inner fender mesh grills. Then made some shock reservoir mounts for the front reservoirs. Because apparently they are not 2” diameter like I had assumed and more like 2.2” so the mounts I had purchased wouldn’t fit. Live and learn.

D243428B-CD6E-4512-B0B7-6B7927EB50F3.jpeg

E97FB903-31A4-4C3B-80CD-94BAB14E1CBA.jpeg

0CFF4FDB-C366-40FA-9813-AB5E3206015C.jpeg

CA25BDC8-A4B7-4F25-B2F0-85B06D363B12.jpeg

DACEE381-AA9A-430D-9418-B2C8F89A1520.jpeg

Not anything fun completed today. I replaced the front axle u-joints. Then mounted the front shock reservoirs. Got the new single washer sprayer installed in the hood and the tube connected. Crossing my fingers my back is good for tomorrow so I can get this thing driving.

Trying to stay positive and motivated to do my best work on this damn Jeep of mine. I’ve been working so hard on it for the last eight weeks. I most certainly couldn’t have done it without the help of my best friend over the first four weeks and occasionally since. Not to mention and the use of his garage. However my body doesn’t work like it used too and I can’t do things like I used too or want to anymore. My back is over it. My pain levels have increased and my sleep is pretty non existent because of the pain. So then my frustration goes up and my motivation to keep doing things to the best of my abilities is going downhill quickly. It doesn’t help that the last few tasks on my list have given me nothing but problem after problem. I’m exhausted, burnt out, overwhelmed, hurting and frustrated all at once. I just need a little luck and blessings from above to get this thing completed. That and a little sleep and pain relief would be great I’m sick of this whole better living through Chemistry thing if you know what I mean.
Sorry for the constant complaining I just needed to vent my frustration after laying here all night starring into the darkness. As the Dunkin’ Donuts commercial says “time to make the donuts” or rather work on the damn Jeep again

• Sad
step back , take a breathe and let some stress out, it's not a race.

i have some issues with my back as well.........you have a tens unit? and traction devices? low back, mid or upper?

step back , take a breathe and let some stress out, it's not a race.

i have some issues with my back as well.........you have a tens unit? and traction devices? low back, mid or upper?
Yeah I had to just leave yesterday or I was liable to put a wrench through the damn windshield. Oh my back is screwed. I’ve had what now 7 back surgeries over the last 9 years. I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator now too. Kinda like an implanted TENS unit on steroids if you will. That was the last surgery actually. It has helped a bunch with pain management. But it doesn’t fix anything. Honestly shouldn’t be working on anything but I refuse to give up on having a life and doing things I used to enjoy. It’s just a damn struggle anymore as im certainly not the man I once was.

Reactions: someguysjeep