Rescue6's 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Well this beast was built over the last 20 years so I won’t have pick of all the installs but I’ll post picks of the goodies. I’ve never made a build thread before. It was rescently hit with some good hail so it’s getting a facelift and I got the bug again to mod it even further. Here’s the list of goodies
It currently has 122000 original miles but only 3k on engine tranny and transfer case as they were all rebuilt or replaced last winter due to a rod issue. So I figured if the engine was out why not.
New engine and head added roller rockers, and griffin aluminum radiator all pulleys and alternator and ps pump replaced with engine. Along with a borla header.

4,0L
AX-15 with B&M short throw shifter
Atlas 4 speed transfer case 1:1, 2.72:1, 3.8:1, 10.34:1
PSC hydro assist kit with BMB ram mounts
Tom woods rear shaft
Currie Rock Jock 60 Rear axle with ARB locker and 5.13 gears BMB parking brake brackets to move the calipers to the front side of the axle
G2 CORE 44 high pinion front axle with 5.13’s and an ARB also Vanco 16” big brake kit and BMB pads, American Iron offroad ball joint eliminators, Johnny joints in axle side upper mounts
ARB twin compressor
Savvy ultimate steering
Black magic brake pads
15x9 Spyderlock beadlock wheels
35x12.50R15 Mickey Thompson Baja boss MT
Fox factory race series 12” 2.0 shocks with Custom tune at all four corners
Currie Antirock front and rear
Front Suspension- Jeep west 3 link mid arms 4” Currie coils
Rear Suspension - Genright 4-5” rear 4 link stretch suspension with currie lj coils with spring relocation and outboard shocks
Genright 19 gallon Stretch fuel tank & skid
Genright fuel pump access panel cut into the rear floor
Genright Aluminum rear corner armor and 4” aluminum flares
Genright 4” Aluminum highline front fenders
Hood cut for highline fenders, hood vent panel and flush mounted hood pins
Rokmen aluminum drop down tailgate with storage
Poison Spyder brawler bar front bumper
Genright stretch mini boatside Sliders with rails
Stand alone transmission crossmember
Customized UCF ultra clearance belly skid plate
UCF Aluminum engine skid plate
Custom exhaust
Warn Zeon Platinum10S winch with synthetic line and factor 55 flat e Link
Flush mount rear bumper that’s a copy of a SWAG bumper
Genright aluminum tire carrier
Braided extended brake lines front and rear
Midland gmrs radio
TeraFlex hand throttle
PRP Enduro Elite seats
Bestop supertop NX with sunrider
Roll bar custom done based off of a Poison Spider cage but added extras. And more tube to come in the next few months.
Rough Country MLC-6 switch controls
Quadratech truck light LED headlights, maxbuilt trail tail lightSmoked JK front turn signals mounted into grill
Genright marker/ turn signal lights up front
Led light pods and rock lights
Double din stereo with front and rear cameras, custom built steel rear speaker pods mounted to the cage with 6.5” Polk audio speakers, Polk audio 5.25” in dash, viper alarm, two stand alone gps trackers and multiple kill switches added.
I’m sure there is more but it’s late and I’m tired. I ad some pics in the next few days

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
A4F06CBA-F302-49A5-9E71-3F7692C4AE8E.jpeg 860F574A-4E80-4DDA-9282-37277E0213B2.jpeg 91B11227-5115-46D1-BB90-5142818F3289.jpeg Just a few of the new wheels tires and front axle getting installed this week

Can’t wait to see pics of this beast!

265ABD41-2A73-4095-AA28-7D51B89EA68F.jpeg
Well this beast was built over the last 20 years so I won’t have pick of all the installs but I’ll post picks of the goodies. I’ve never made a build thread before. It was rescently hit with some good hail so it’s getting a facelift and I got the bug again to mod it even further. Here’s the list of goodies
It currently has 122000 original miles but only 3k on engine tranny and transfer case as they were all rebuilt last winter due to a rod issue. So I figured if the engine was out why not.
New engine and head added roller rockers, and griffin aluminum radiator all pulleys and alternator and ps pump replaced with engine. Along with a borla header.

4,0L
AX-15 with B&M short throw shifter
Tera-Low 4:1 231 kit with super short SYE
Tom woods rear shaft
Currie Rock Jock 60 Rear axle with Eaton E-locker and 5.13 gears
G2 CORE 44 front axle with 5.13’s and an ARB also a ARB twin compressor on M.O.R.E, under hood mount
Currie front HD trackbar no rear with 4 link
ORO U-turn steering
Black magic brake pads
15x9 Spyderlock beadlock wheels
36-13.50R15 Super Swamper IROK radials
Fox 2.0 shocks with Res at all four corners
Currie Antirock front and rear
Front Suspension- Rubicon Express long arms 3.5” coils and JKS ACOS system
Rear Suspension - Genright 4-5” rear 4 link stretch suspension with 4.5” coils with spring relocation and outboard shocks
Genright 19 gallon Stretch fuel tank and skid W/ rear corner armor and flares
Genright front tube fenders with Poison Spyder inner fenders
Rokmen aluminum drop down tailgate with storage
Poison Spyder brawler bar front bumper
Sliders with rails
Warn XD9000i winch with masterpull synthetic line and factor 55 thimble
Garvin industries rear bumper with tire carrier over tire rack, fuel tank, shovel, axe and high lift mounts
Uniden 510 CB
TeraFlex hand throttle
2006 Rubicon front heated seats with Bartac covers
Bestop supertop NX with sunrider
ORO front Sport Cage with frame Tie in
Rough Country MLC-6 switch controls
Quadratech LED headlights, maxbuilt trail tail lights and Genright marker/ turn signal lights
Led light pods and rock lights
I’m sure there is more but it’s late and I’m tired. I ad some pics in the next few days
Can’t wait to see pics of this beast!
Here are a couple. I will get updated picks once I roll it out of the garage with the new front axle, new hood and cowl, new top, new inner fenders, front bumper, Rokmen tailgate and 265ABD41-2A73-4095-AA28-7D51B89EA68F.jpeg PS tramp stamp are installed

Reactions: JMT
I’ll have to change the settings on my pictures they seem to all be too big of files. Keep trying to upload them

Well it got an Atlas 4 speed earlier this year. 1:1, 2.72:1, 3.8:1, and 10.34:1 ranges now. I love this modification. Best thing yet. It also got a custom one of a kind shift knob, PSC hydro assist steering kit and PRP Enduro Elite seats, a new rear bumper and tire carrier, and is currently getting new custom roll over protection.

FDA7FD19-C8E3-4F9B-A305-B4D137B1B124.jpeg

0FEA9A74-E679-44B3-93FA-C38F0DA9C681.jpeg

A8661FC8-B343-45E7-A174-8D7BB49184B6.jpeg

7B7DF4D5-4735-4CB8-B978-8CB36A3CBF8D.jpeg

6BF40176-1949-466D-ACA8-8D3FDF0D499C.jpeg

F8328DDC-AA34-4E50-8349-60ED9CAF0AFB.jpeg

We put in a buddy’s Jeep a few weeks ago since it was still packing the 4:1 kit in good shape. If you are needing a stock 231 I’ve got one though.
Na. Just looking for a way to get 4:1 while keeping the size of the 231.

Seats look good. How do you like them compared to stock?
They are PRP enduro elites. I really like them a lot. I opted for the +4” height as I’m 6’5” tall. I also added the lumbar support and heat to the drivers side seat. They are much better than the original seats. I’ve had five back surgery’s now and they hold me in place laterally much better and take away a lot of the small jarring bumps completely. My back can stand a normal day of being in them a lot better than before. My only complaint is that the brackets used to mount them raise them about an inch. I have very little head room as is. But I’m currently in the process of building a new seat base and slider for the driver side to lower my seating position

Reactions: psrivats
They are PRP enduro elites. I really like them a lot. I opted for the +4” height as I’m 6’5” tall. I also added the lumbar support and heat to the drivers side seat. They are much better than the original seats. I’ve had five back surgery’s now and they hold me in place laterally much better and take away a lot of the small jarring bumps completely. My back can stand a normal day of being in them a lot better than before. My only complaint is that the brackets used to mount them raise them about an inch. I have very little head room as is. But I’m currently in the process of building a new seat base and slider for the driver side to lower my seating position

Very cool. Thanks a lot for your detailed post.

My Jeep had only 60k miles but the driver's seat cushions could be firmer. I have been considering just getting new good quality cushions put in that one seat but the quotes I'm getting for that work are stupid high. You can as well spend a bit more and get a full seat lol, but then I'll have to he change both front ones and that gets very spendy of course, esp with the suspension stuff I've been thinking about.

Very cool. Thanks a lot for your detailed post.

My Jeep had only 60k miles but the driver's seat cushions could be firmer. I have been considering just getting new good quality cushions put in that one seat but the quotes I'm getting for that work are stupid high. You can as well spend a bit more and get a full seat lol, but then I'll have to he change both front ones and that gets very spendy of course, esp with the suspension stuff I've been thinking about.
Yes it does add up quickly. My wife bought me a seat last year for Christmas and I bought her one. We both love going out exploring in the mountains of our home in Colorado. That’s how we justified it. But they have really helped with my bad back. I didn’t hurt that a friend of mine is sponsored by PRP for his off road racing and I got the seats on a hefty discount with him ordering them.

Reactions: psrivats
Vanco 16” big brake kit from Black Magic Brakes and a blue Wizard reservoir cover along with the BMB hydro assist ram brackets all showed up

DBDC58D7-448F-48CB-832E-169AC88DF546.jpeg

Reactions: tworley
Got the Smoked LED Jk turn signals put into the grill. I like the look. Now I need to get the new Genright mini boat side sliders mocked up so I can then tear it down for a new paint job.

5DE5B1E2-6553-4D6E-BC7D-80A3E3581B16.jpeg