Anyone ever put new upper skins on an upper half door with sliders?

I have never seen a replacement skin offered on any site for the upper sliders. I'd be curious to see if you find any...
Me neither. The frame on the SE's sliders looks to be slightly larger than the zipper window, and approximately the same shape. The company that made them is defunct, or I'd send off an email to see what they could hook me up with. When the SE gets a new top, it might be worth the investment in cheap up skins to see if they would work with a little cutting. The frames and glass are solid...and $150 beats the heck out of $550. I've ruined more expensive stuff fiddling with it, anyway.

Reactions: Brad W
That's a great price...but I was quoted another $175 for shipping...plus with the exchange rate I'm almost doubling the price.

Reactions: StG58
If you find some, please share. I have a 97 TJ project that came with a soft top and slider uppers by a company called Steel Horse. Company is long gone. The windows are in great shape. The fabric is shot.

I contine to look as well.
Good luck!

Anyone ever put new upper skins on an upper half door with sliders?

Looks straight forward, but looks can be deceiving.[/QUOTE

If you find some, please share. I have a 97 TJ project that came with a soft top and slider uppers by a company called Steel Horse. Company is long gone. The windows are in great shape. The fabric is shot.

I contine to look as well.
Good luck!
I've got the Steel Horse sliders as well. I'll post back here if I come up with something.

The stock Bestop upper reskin kit looks promising. Not horribly expensive, and it appears that the size and shape of our sliders and the zipper windows are a close match.

Last edited: